SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jack Reacher - Never Go Back
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jack Reacher - Never Go Back Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I just finished the book and, to be honest, it wasn't quite as good "One Shot" (the basis for the previous movie). IOW, there was a hell of a lot of tooling around in the story doing I'm-not-sure-what. Maybe "Personal" will turn out better?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
The books are great! I have read almost all of them but as a movie I don't think they would be nearly as good.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Khan's little boy Genghis:
Anybody notice that Lee Childs did a cameo in the movie? He was the TSA New Orleans agent.

He played a police desk sergeant in the first movie.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Just watched this movie while out of town. Wish I had read these reviews back in January!!
Liked the first one a lot so in spite of Sequels Suck Syndrome, I gave it a shot.

Thank God it was free because that movie was complete and total shit.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
The books are great! I have read almost all of them but as a movie I don't think they would be nearly as good.

The biggest problem in translating Child's books to the silver screen is that, in the book, the most exciting part of the dialog is not really dialog, but is Reacher's brain plotting his next moves. It is his thoughts that make the books, and it is hard to make that come across in an action movie, no matter the actor.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post