SIGforum
Jack Reacher - Never Go Back

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3610087714

February 06, 2017, 05:43 PM
Il Cattivo
Jack Reacher - Never Go Back
I just finished the book and, to be honest, it wasn't quite as good "One Shot" (the basis for the previous movie). IOW, there was a hell of a lot of tooling around in the story doing I'm-not-sure-what. Maybe "Personal" will turn out better?
February 07, 2017, 06:55 PM
sig229-SAS
The books are great! I have read almost all of them but as a movie I don't think they would be nearly as good.
February 10, 2017, 06:36 AM
thunderson
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Khan's little boy Genghis:
Anybody notice that Lee Childs did a cameo in the movie? He was the TSA New Orleans agent.

He played a police desk sergeant in the first movie.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
June 16, 2017, 04:53 PM
KMitch200
Just watched this movie while out of town. Wish I had read these reviews back in January!!
Liked the first one a lot so in spite of Sequels Suck Syndrome, I gave it a shot.

Thank God it was free because that movie was complete and total shit.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
June 16, 2017, 09:09 PM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
The books are great! I have read almost all of them but as a movie I don't think they would be nearly as good.

The biggest problem in translating Child's books to the silver screen is that, in the book, the most exciting part of the dialog is not really dialog, but is Reacher's brain plotting his next moves. It is his thoughts that make the books, and it is hard to make that come across in an action movie, no matter the actor.