SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post your favorite movie scores/and or tunes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your favorite movie scores/and or tunes Login/Join 
posted
This is one of mine:

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed the music from Gladiator
And an obvious nod to John Williams

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah definately something Hans Zimmer has done. I love inception as a soundtrack with a nod to Interstellar which also has some good ones.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UzdMrAhUI98

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Back to the OP. Here is my favorite movie score. The same composer (Morricone), director (Leone), and conductor
(Sarah Hicks) for both excerpts.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/efdswXXjnBA

Hicks was here in Richmond for a while as Asst. Conductor for our group. She's da bomb!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ennio Morricone's score for the good, the bad and the ugly is a masterpiece. The drama of Ecstasy of Gold gives me chills everytime I hear it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's the ringtone on my cellphone. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hunt for Red October.
The Sons of Katie Elder.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I saw Patton at a drive in with my family when I was 7 or 8. Not much to hear through the tinny speaker. But I watched it at every opportunity after that and absolutely loved the score. A first for me at the time.
The one track that kind of haunted me accompanied the reading of the 'weather prayer'.

The score begins at :51 in this clip:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/PehCORojjtw

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
"Rejoice O young man in thy youth..." - Ecclesiastes

"Adagio for Strings" in this movie stirs something deeply in my soul for some reason. This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL performance by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra...

This is my VERY close second. Stirs in my soul as well...

Here is a long version..."Suite Two"

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Promontory.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
Lara's Theme from Dr Zhivago is one of my favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phpRjeQdOFg

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Last of the Mohicans is my favorite soundtrack, with Gettysburg as a close second. I like this track best:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/e8ecxHov-fE

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Just to round out this (awesome) thread a little, here's the theme for For A Few Dollars More:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/DT1NJwEi6nw

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
YooperSigs, here you go.

--Sir Winston Churchill

--James Earl Jones