SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post your favorite movie scores/and or tunes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your favorite movie scores/and or tunes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Pink Panther.
Dr. No. (the original theme)

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to Howard Shore's score for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SBQvd6vY9s

And while it doesn't quite count for this thread, since it's not a score to a movie, I also love Jeremy Soule's score for the older Icewind Dale PC game.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKGsmjbq2w

Jeremy Soule would go on to do the score for Skyrim, another outstanding video game score.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQeIYVM3YBM

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You're all going to laugh and point fingers, but this is mine, from the movie "100 Men and a Girl". The part I want begins at 5:09: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSo88XUMZZ8&t=17s

It's Deanna Durbin singing Mozart's "Alleluia", and she did it VERY well!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
The theme to “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service,” the sole James Bond cinema outing featuring George Lazenby as 007. The instrumental by the John Barry Orchestra is fantastic (to me, anyway). In reading back up on this movie, “OHMSS” is considered by many to be the best Bond film of them all.

https://youtu.be/LfjL9uX2leg

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Opening theme from "Where Eagles Dare".

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Themes from Chariots of Fire and Lawrence of Arabia.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
In reading back up on this movie, “OHMSS” is considered by many to be the best Bond film of them all.

And, the best book of the original 13 Fleming Bond books.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
In reading back up on this movie, “OHMSS” is considered by many to be the best Bond film of them all.

And, the best book of the original 13 Fleming Bond books.

Indeed - it’s been a while since I read the original books - I’d like to reread that one, in particular.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
The theme from the original "Get Carter"... with Michael Caine.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Frankly I have always like the Eric Wolfgang Korngold themes; Adventures of Robin Hood, The Sea Hawks, Captain Blood, Don Juan, etc. Sweeping themes that take you TO the scenes.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
2001 a Space Odyssey

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Sarah Hicks.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/X-jdl9hcCeg

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too. Thanks Jim.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
She was an associate conductor here (Richmond Symphony Orchestra) for a little while and I got to meet her several times. She's beautiful, charming, witty, loves to cook, and is stunningly brilliant--but very kind to ignorant mouth-breathers like me. She's also a wonderful pianist. I follow her on YouTube regularly.

If I thought I'd had a chance, her hubby would've had a tragic accident. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I envy you having a symphony in your area. We have one and to my untrained ear they sound pretty good. I did get to see Ray Charles perform with the New Orleans symphony. It was an interesting peformance as the usual opera crowd was not used to getting out of their seats. I share your admiration of Ms. Hicks.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
The theme from Exodus.

Soundtracks from movies where Danny Elfman was the composer (Danny Elfman from Oingo Boingo).

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post