SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite female film noir actresses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite female film noir actresses Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I've got a bunch of them, this one is the most favoritist:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there were some real honeys. But for whatever reason the one that comes to mind first is Dorothy Malone in The Big Sleep.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ Yup, that was an outstanding scene. What a doll.

(I would've nailed that with the glasses on and the hair tied back. Big Grin)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here's that scene. I've watched it a couple of times this morning.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Sqoxk3SrZRw

posted Hide Post
susan hayword, Katharyn Hepburn

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54496 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia Mayo. White Heat.
Gloria Grahame. The Big Heat.
Gene Tierney. Laura.
Ava Gardner. The Killers.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16001 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a number I like as well. Jean Simmons opposite Robert Mitchum in Angel Face. Loved how she manipulated Mitchum all over the place. The ending was special. This is great clip.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Barbara Stanwyck.

Her best role in Double Indemnity.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Gene Tierney. She was luscious

Posts: 13795 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gloria Grahame. "In a Lonely Place", 1950.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would've nailed that with the glasses on and the hair tied back.

She might have wanted you to untie your hair. Razz

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I've got so little hair left that I've started referring to it as 'hairs'. Frown

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Lizabeth Scott

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
A modern version... Linda Fiorentino

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Ida Lupino. A wonderful actress and a not too shabby director. I had a crush on her when I was a kid.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I liked her performance opposite Robert Ryan in Dangerous Ground.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I'll cast my vote for Linda Darnell. What a knockout!

Fallen Angel (1945)

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Lana Turner

When she is seen in her first scene in "Postman Always Rings Twice", you take notice quick...

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post