SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Once upon a time in Hollywood
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once upon a time in Hollywood Login/Join 
posted
Should be interesting particularly if you were a young adult at the time. Generally enjoy Tarrantino films. Here is the trailer:

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I like the cast.

LOL...Damon Herriman (Dewey Crowe) as Charles Manson.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I like QT's films even though he may be one of the biggest assholes south of the North Pole.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I'm pumped about what QT might can get out of Timothy Olyphant.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like QT's films even though he may be one of the biggest assholes south of the North Pole.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah probably the biggest.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^
Possibly, but he's got a LOTTA fuckin' competition for that crown. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm done with Tarantino

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh look, a Tarantino movie:

- Ensemble cast, check
- Gratuitous Nazi killing, regardless of setting, check
- Lengthy scenes with prolonged dialogue, check
- Ktichy lines and quotes, check
- Romancing the late-60's and 70's eras, check

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Oh look, a Tarantino movie:

- Ensemble cast, check
- Gratuitous Nazi killing, regardless of setting, check
- Lengthy scenes with prolonged dialogue, check
- Ktichy lines and quotes, check
- Romancing the late-60's and 70's eras, check

The only thing missing is Sam Jackson mf'ing everything 1000 times.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will wait to see the film. It is supposed to be more like Pulp Fiction. Everyone has a formula to a degree.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'd rather watch a new Coen Brothers movie, TBH. I eagerly anticipate digesting things they put out, particularly how they pace their movies.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coen brothers are good. It is just that so much that Hollywood turns out is crap and simply unwatchable. Frankly I spend most of my time with TCM. Really enjoying some of the films of the 1940s.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Looks like comfort food for the entertainment starved. Kinda fun, you'd be fine without it.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is this his last film?
didn't he promise not to make any more movies ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm done with Tarantino

I haven't had a burning desire to see any of his films in quite a while. The last one I saw was Inglorious Basterds.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I didn’t see the western he did...is that his most recent one? I can’t remember the name of it

I did see inglorious basterds...I actually didn’t like it as much as a lot of people did

I loved Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs

This looks more in line with those, so I will give it a shot

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
didn’t see the western he did...is that his most recent one? I can’t remember the name of it

I did see inglorious basterds...I actually didn’t like it as much as a lot of people did

I loved Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs

This looks more in line with those, so I will give it a shot

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep coming in July. Django was entertaining.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I fucking hate Tarantino, and after the over-the- top “white man bad” theme in “Hateful 8”, I swore off his movies for good.

That said, I will likely be first inline to see his new flick. LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Apparently this is the Charles Manson movie he has promised....

As much of a douche as he is... and HE IS A DOUCHE... His movies ARE interesting (note, I didnt say "good" i said interesting)

It is not well alluded to in this trailer, but this is his next, promised, Charles Manson move.

I'm interested to see where it goes, although due to his nonsense, I'll probably wait until it hits free TV to pay attention to it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
This may be the first Tarantino movie I watch since Inglorious Basterds.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post