SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Checking out Twin Peaks on Netflix

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checking out Twin Peaks on Netflix Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
On episode 2. Please tell me this gets better.

If not, why was this so popular?

Posts: 39752 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
David Lynch. That's all you need to know, that lets you know it's gonna be weird, and you might not get it, not at first. But once you figure out David Lynch's particular brand of crazy, everything makes sense. Sort of.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 14879 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I expected weird. Then a lady introduces a log to the nice FBI agent and I'm thinking "and this us just the second episode".

Everybody looks like someone else. Laura's mom looks like Adrienne Barbeau, Laura's best friend looks like Winona Rider. The fishing guy looks like Dave Thomas. But nome of them are those people.

I figure Agent Cooper is talking to Diane via his tape recorder, so either Diane is Cooper's split personality and he needs the tape recorder to communicate to his other half, or she is the murderer. Or maybe we won't be introduced to the murderer until the last episode and it's none of the people. Lynch!!! Mad

Posts: 39752 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
At least you made it longer than DSgrouse before asking if it would get better. Razz

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...420080514#8420080514

Posts: 3806 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Made it 2 minutes into episode 3. Done. Stupidest thing I've ever watched. Worse than Vibes.

posted Hide Post
To be fair i think we maded it to episode five, i returned it to the library.

Posts: 2984 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is very dated and a very acquired test that, with time, is less and less for everyone.

Posts: 2321 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
You're killing me.

Watched it in it's original run and then a forum member loaned us the whole series on DVD. Still was great.

Mark, I don't understand guitar pedals. And I was a 70's garage band member. You stick to fuzz and I'll keep Mr. Lynch.

Whatever happened to the reprise? Never heard anything after it was green lighted.

ETA, Premiers May 21, 2017. I'm pumped.

Posts: 10291 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
To be fair i think we maded it to episode five, i returned it to the library.

There's only 7 episodes for Season 1. You really couldn't finish the entire season?

And for everyone else, I'll just leave these here:

Posts: 1782 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
You're killing me.

Watched it in it's original run and then a forum member loaned us the whole series on DVD. Still was great.

Mark, I don't understand guitar pedals. And I was a 70's garage band member. You stick to fuzz and I'll keep Mr. Lynch.
That's just it. I expected to like it as I've seen and enjoyed most of Lynch's movies. Blue Velvet was one of my favorites. Elephant Man, yes! Wild at Heart, yep. Even liked Dune. I guess I may have got into it more had I sat through it 27 years ago. Now it just felt like they were trying too hard to capitalize on the Lynch-style weird theatre for weirdness' sake. It made me not care about the characters or story.