SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What are some of your favorite film scores?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are some of your favorite film scores? Login/Join 
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I liked the drums in the closing music to the original 'RedDawn'.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to go back to my adolescence: Ben-Hur was the biggest, baddest soundtrack, and I first heard really great speakers (Klipschhorn) over great amps (McIntosh) play that huge and soul-stirring music. Like your first kiss, not forgotten.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
From the film Gallipoli , Albioni's Adagio for Strings and Organ

From the film Get Carter, Roy Budd's Get Carter theme

From Being There, Deodato's Also Sprach Zarathrustra

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Two more that I think have been missed...

And I didn't know it, but there's a "long version" of the BoB theme...an Opus, if you will:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't see this one posted: The Theme from "Shaft"

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Nobody has mentioned Superman: The Movie?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been mentioned a few times but, thought I'd post it

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
The opening theme from 1978 Battlestar Galactica.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance (score by Philip Glass)

Yup. Anything by Philip Glass (American composer).

The Thin Blue Line (1988)
Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (1985)
The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (2003)

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hunt for Red October
Saving Private Ryan

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I guess my taste is more pedestrian. I like the soundtracks from Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2

Edited to admit, I confused “score” with “soundtrack.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I'll offer up a few: The Great Escape - Elmer Bernstein, The Lust for Gold - Ennio Morricone, Nevada Smith - Alfred Newman, You Only Live Twice - John Barry, and Glory - James Horner.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I thought I posted this previously but don't see it.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post