SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bands that need to let go and some that are still fun
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bands that need to let go and some that are still fun Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nine Inch Nails: Still amazing every time.

Marilyn Manson: Needs to stop.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I last saw the Eagles a few years ago before Glenn Frey died. They brought back Bernie Leadon and they were all in their late 60s. They had tuned some of the songs to fit their aging voices but in doing so they sounded good since they weren't blowing out their voices trying to reach some of the original vocals.

That being said, since Glenn Frey has died they have replaced him with his son and added Vince Gill. I've heard good things about the shows but I'm not going to pay Eagles ticket prices when you don't have Glenn Frey or Don Felder.

I agree. I saw them a few months before Glenn died. They were excellent. I did miss Felder who, in my opinion, wrote some of the most tasteful guitar licks in music.

I loved his book, “Heaven and Hell”.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Nine Inch Nails: Still amazing every time.

NIN tends to have Gary Numan on stage whenever possible to do a few covers,

according to Numan's instagram, they were both at a festival in Switzerland a short while back

would love to be in the audience to see Numan and NIN doing Metal (the song)

I do have tics to see Numan in DC in Sept, that will be an awesome show (saw him a few years ago for the 30th anniversary of The Pleasure Principle)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw OMD two years ago and they were pretty good. My friend went to Depeche Mode a few months ago and he thought their best years were behind them.

I'm not a big fan of U2's politics, but their shows are still awesome. I'd like to attend one more before they check out (or before I do!).

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I picked on Angus, because that chewing motion he makes is disturbing so it stuck in my head. But as I was thinking about it, I realized there was a recent concert I was excited about and then had to shut it down. I have decided they will live in my memory and not in this modern performance.

Probably the single greatest band, I illogically locked onto their story in the seam between Pyromania and Hysteria. But now . . . man I had to stop watching, Joe Elliot will be remembered as I knew him in 1988 not in Las Vegas:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xzGxYqR2MuY" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Saw them last year (?) And it was sad. The need to hang it up

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3810 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I saw Neil Young's current solo tour show in Chicago a few weeks ago. He was quite good and thankfully, even in Chicago, didn't get very political.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I saw OMD two years ago and they were pretty good. My friend went to Depeche Mode a few months ago and he thought their best years were behind them.

I'm not a big fan of U2's politics, but their shows are still awesome. I'd like to attend one more before they check out (or before I do!).

saw OMD in the early 80's and then again about 3 or 4 yrs ago,

each was a fantastic show,

Psychedelic Furs are another band that still plays well,

goijng to see Echo & The Bunnymen soon, as well as Simple Minds (saw both a few years ago, each show was well,

if you are into 70/80's punk/new wave PIL is touring soon, Lydon still has it

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Saw Charlie Daniels at the NRA show in Dallas this year.
At 81 he still has it! Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Man I’m jealous of you guys that got to see OMD. It’s the one synth band I haven’t seen. Did they play anything from Sugar Tax?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Journey is still really sharp. I was never a big fan but my wife got me to go last summer. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The singer is every bit as good as Steve Perry, maybe better. They could have recorderd it. They were tight, Vocals were almost perfect.

Have to agree with you. That guy is high energy and can sing.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Man I’m jealous of you guys that got to see OMD. It’s the one synth band I haven’t seen. Did they play anything from Sugar Tax?

I could not find a set list for the show I saw a few years ago (about the time metroland came out)

however the 2018 set shows sailing the seven seas,

that album was not out the first time I saw them

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention that I also saw the Pretenders a couple of weeks ago and they rocked it!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post