Find
Notify
Tools

IndyCar 2020 Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
New Track Video of James Hinchcliff going around Toronto:

Also, Robert Wickens will be driving the Acura NSX Pace Car with a special hand setup from sponsor Arrow.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Antics in Toronto this weekend

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIQr21oTBAU

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
^^^last post^^^

Karma Big Grin

LMAO Go away Sato just go away

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Penske Massacre at Iowa Qualifying. They averaged over 2-3 mph more than the nearest Honda in Sato. Plus, Iowa is back to a Saturday Night race where it should be. Looks like a good start.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I like the Iowa race because the conditions change, starting in the sun and finishing after dark.
I watched some of the qualifying. There was a big blow up by a stock car just before Indy qualifying and lots of oil dry on the track. The first guys really had a major disadvantage. Since they qualify in order, slowest to fastest, they were already handicapped as the track cleaned up and the sun went lower. The Penskes were fast in all sessions but the conditions magnified the effect.
Last year the fastest guys faded in the race as I recall.
Should be interesting. I think it starts at 7 tonight.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just watched Toronto - that was a fun race

going to watch Iowa tomorrow night

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
This was another race I was thankful for the NBC Gold pass with the rain screwing this up. The crazy thing this time was Sato didn't do anything wrong and got rammed up the butt by Sage Karam. I know Robin Miller thinks the world of the kid, but all he seems to do is crash (twice in this race). If Carlin has the cash to run the kid for the rest of the year, so be it. After that, let's stop the Sage Karam experiment and give those shots to Conor Daly or someone else out of Indy Lights.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I agree Sage seems to be overrated but I feel the same way about Conor Daly. Sage overdrives so he does pass a few more but then he crashes regularly.
Passing cars from the back up to the mid-field is one thing. Moving forward from there is a different thing. He may be what they call a solid performer, but star of the future? I just don't see it from either one.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'm drawing a blank here, anyone remember this? When Karam was a regular in IndyCars a few years back, he had some hilarious and appropriate derogatory nickname based on his overly aggressive and clumsy performance. TBH I kind of hate to see him back in the series.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I agree Sage seems to be overrated but I feel the same way about Conor Daly. Sage overdrives so he does pass a few more but then he crashes regularly.
Passing cars from the back up to the mid-field is one thing. Moving forward from there is a different thing. He may be what they call a solid performer, but star of the future? I just don't see it from either one.

Daly is a bit better than you give him credit. He was running in the top 10 at Indy before the last pit stops, he taken a Carlin that couldn’t make Indy and barely missed the top 10 at Texas and Iowa, and his primary strength road courses and not ovals. He’d probably still have a ride if his Dad wasn’t slandered as a racist and lost his main sponsor.

I’d love to see him at Ed Carpenter, but it looks like they have a cash problem. I’d also like it if they became McLaren/Ed Carpenter Racing, but I’m not sure of the likelyhood of if, but they both could use eachother’s resources.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Daly father story was B/S and should not have had anything to do with the son in any case.
Daly drove the extra Andretti car at Indy, much like Alonso last year, with much less spectacular results.
At Texas Daly and Sage were both in Carlin cars and started at the back. Before sage did his usuaa unforced error, Sage was spanking Daly running much better.
I get that some people think Daly's a diamond in the rough that just need a break. I'm just not one of them.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I don't think he's ever going to be a GREAT driver, but he deserves to be in there in the low to mid tier compared to some of the jobbers out there bringing cash.

And were you really comparing Daly's performance to any drive by Fernando Alonso. If someone ever told me I did a little worse driving than Alonso did, I'd retire in happiness because I'd never do any better.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just watched Ohio - good race

too bad about Hinchie though

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
just watched Ohio - good race

too bad about Hinchie though

Yes, thought that was a great race! Great track to see a race. Been there before.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yep, another great show from IndyCar. Smile

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Great showing for Rosenqvist. It was nice to see Dixon and him racing hard but clean and not wrecking each other. However, Dixon is the Master of Mid-Ohio, and even with a bad strategy call he can still overshadow everyone.

I’m not sure if F1 or IndyCar was better this week. Both of them had excellent races.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

I’m not sure if F1 or IndyCar was better this week. Both of them had excellent races.

I think Indycar actually qualifies as a race, will be watching F1 this weekend (haven't seen the race yet), but up till now the F1 has been pretty much of a disappointment the past few years

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
McLaren partners with Arrow SPM for full-time IndyCar program

The McLaren Racing team will make its full-time return to IndyCar competition next season in a partnership with Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports under the Arrow McLaren Racing SP banner.

The two-car program, utilizing the current Arrow SPM staff and a new group of McLaren personnel assembled specifically for the IndyCar project, will debut in 2020 using Chevrolet engines. Drivers have not been announced, leaving the future of James Hinchcliffe and Marcus Ericsson at Arrow McLaren SP in question.

Of interest, Arrow SPM’s existing commitment to field a car for Robert Wickens, who was injured in one of its entries at Pocono in August of 2018, will be honored when the Canadian star is able to resume his IndyCar career, if he chooses to do with the reconfigured team.

Indy 500 winner and former IndyCar entrant Gil de Ferran, who serves as McLaren’s sporting director, will become McLaren’s dedicated IndyCar program leader, working alongside Arrow SPM president Jon Flack and general manager Taylor Kiel.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This shows the value of Indycar compared to some of the other series.
Looks like the driver market will take a while to sort itself out.
I don't see a downside to this for racing in the US.