Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IndyCar 2020 Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
On top of McClaren's resurgence in F1, here's a strong link for them and the States. Europe will pay more attention and I think they'll like the product. I'm stoked.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
In addition to that:

https://racer.com/2019/08/01/p...ent=home-latest-news

New engine regs for 2022. Engines grow in size from 2.2 to 2.4L Twin Turbo V6s and they had a KERS pack for an additional 50hp. On road/street courses, we're looking at IndyCars pushing 850-900hp again. The KERS element also allows for drivers to start their own cars if they stall, and may possibly lead to running in pit lane of full electric power.

Either way, the package will still sound better than the F1 Vacuum Cleaners and low cost enough to encourage new teams or OEMs to the series. Sounds like Win-Win to me.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I like what Indycar is doing. IMO, they have by far the best racing of the big 3 (Indycar, F1, NECKCAR). The other 2 are unwatchable. It’s especially sad to see what F1 has turned in to.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sato = IDIOT. I've raced sailboats with guys like him. You know they are going to be an issue and whenever possible you steer clear.

IndyCar needs to sit him out for a few races and let the sponsors feel his mistakes in their pockets and deal with the results. Maybe then he'll be out of a ride.

Wish the announcers would get vocal but they know where their bread is buttered and are shills for IndyCar.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Sato = IDIOT.

Yeah, that was REAL bad, no excuses for Sato.
That said, Pocono needs to be cut from the schedule. Six-seven wide funneling into two wide for the daring, three for fools can only lead to trouble.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I agree, they should have sat Sato down years ago and several times since. This one surely must be too much to sweep under the rug.
Indycar made a poor decision to penalize the innocent victims 10 laps for working on their cars during the red flag when rules mandated a minimum of 2. Lucky it didn’t really matter but looked like poor judgement on their part.
That said, Sato's sponsors are Panasonic, Honda and other Japanese companies. They aren’t likely to show him the door. Amazing he hasn’t hurt himself by now.
The Pocono track has some really bad karma, especially with Indycar. Wilson, Wickens and the repeated fence issues. Too many other ovals that meet more modern safety standards and have better racing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I am done with Sato's antics. He is a baffon. As 220-9er said, his sponsors will take the hit and keep him. He has already crippled Franchitti, caused MILLIONS in damage and his excuses of 'well I thought I could/had room' etc. are tiring. After yesterday many drivers voiced displeasure with him. I hope it sticks.

He needs to go before he kills someone. Then what will they do?

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
When Paul Tracy thinks you're dangerous............ Smile

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
When Paul Tracy thinks you're dangerous............ Smile

Holly Cow I thought the same thing!! That did get me to reminisce AND it drove home how disgusting SATO is.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Paul Tracy did eventually seem to learn although I wouldn't call him a quick study on the subject.
Sato has had times when he seemed to have found his way only to relapse in the worst way showing he hasn't learned or acquired any of that wisdom most get through age and experience.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Sato was always suspect in his early years, but this year he's a death waiting to happen. Paul Tracy is right and that a suspension needs to happen, but I'd sit him down for the whole year. Let him sit with the spotters at Gateway and out him in the timing stand at Portland and Laguna Seca.

Rumor has it that IndyCar is talking to Richmond to replace Pocono in the schedule. As much as I hate to lose a Superspeedway, I'm sick and tired of people getting sent to the hospital for one little mistake.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
As they say, it's his "body of work". His whole career has been blemished with incidents of brain fade.
Here is another example from earlier this year but you could do a search and find plenty of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTaj8S3HDcI

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
No question, but most of the time he's nice enough to spread it out instead of jamming several crashes into 3-4 months like this time.

Sato is on Twitter right now saying it's a racing deal and a camera angle showing he drive in a straight line until he turned left when he want anywhere near clear of Rossi.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The shot we haven’t seen is from overhead. The in car shots all tell a slightly different story but the wide angle lenses make it hard to tell what happened.
Regardless, squeezing by on the outside on lap one is a low percentage move by a guy that has many such moves.

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
posted Hide Post
Sato is on Twitter right now saying it's a racing deal and a camera angle showing he drive in a straight line until he turned left when he want anywhere near clear of Rossi.[/QUOTE]

That old saying, 'excuses are like assholes', well SATO is an asshole

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
I hope they sit Sato for 3 races. That was just stupid driving. Additionally, I am so sick of these driver crashes where people are getting hurt - especially at Pocano. They either need to put a chicane or something to slow them down through that section. I'd like to see a lot more road races, and less of the super speedways.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
I hope they sit Sato for 3 races. That was just stupid driving. Additionally, I am so sick of these driver crashes where people are getting hurt - especially at Pocano. They either need to put a chicane or something to slow them down through that section. I'd like to see a lot more road races, and less of the super speedways.

Same here. IMO Road Racing is so much better. Exception is IMS.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nothing has changed since his F1 days: Sato is a weapon.

He needs his ass kicked.

———————————————

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to embed this, but this was Sato's car cam at the time of the accident:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1163262642217279488

There's also some overheads of RHR pushing Rossi up the track and catching Sato's left rear. I know his record is terrible on these kinds of things, but I'm thinking he could be innocent on this.

I'm certain we're going to see more about this at Gateway on Saturday with possibly more angles.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Not sure how to embed this, but this was Sato's car cam at the time of the accident:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1163262642217279488

There's also some overheads of RHR pushing Rossi up the track and catching Sato's left rear. I know his record is terrible on these kinds of things, but I'm thinking he could be innocent on this.

I'm certain we're going to see more about this at Gateway on Saturday with possibly more angles.

On an oval on the straight, his wheel should be pointed slightly to the right since the cars are set up to turn left. Right before the crash you can see him steer even more to the left. The crash was his fault. Period.

———————————————