New
Find
Notify
Tools

IndyCar 2019 Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
That was a good race. It was good to see that pass happen without the artificial push to pass either.

Now on to the big one. Hope the present rules will enable the cars to stay close enough to have some real passing there too.

Posts: 4964 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Qualifying for the last row should be interesting. I doubt anyone would have predicted the participants a week ago.
The weather makes it look like it could be postponed until tomorrow so the top spots will be determined from the Saturday runs.

Posts: 4964 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
McLaren and Alonso may well miss the show. From what I've read, they showed up thinking they'd be competitive based on name only, they were not close to prepared. Not out yet but as Alonso said, unlikely they'll find the speed they need over night.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 5510 | Location: Columbia, Illinois | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
McLaren promptly fired the Indy Team boss. That’s embarrassing.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6107 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That's what happens when you go cheap trying to get in the Indy 500. I'm pretty sure Alonso is relieved that he didn't qualify so he doesn't have to drive 500 miles in a car that can't win.

Something tells me they should have read the Indy GP to help get a better feel for the car. At least they probably wouldn't have wasted hours of practice time looking for an electrical fault.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DanH,

Posts: 2038 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
McLaren did so many things wrong. Alonso had tagged the wall and they didn't have a backup car ready. As I understand, it needed a paint job and they'd been told a week before to get that done, didn't do it.

And yeah, I'd also bet Alonso is relieved. Not for having to drive 500 miles in an inferior car but rather for however many he could drive and keep it and himself in one piece. Five hundred miles were never going to happen.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 5510 | Location: Columbia, Illinois | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post