SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite ending to a movie?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite ending to a movie? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I really like 'Knives Out', and I love the ending - how the whole story all comes together at the end. Probably one of my favorite endings.

What's yours?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
"Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
You mean except for "Planet of the Apes" of course... Wink

I liked the end of "Dark Knight Rises" (Alfred, by the river Arno in Florence...), but I am kind of a softy

I really like the end of "The Rover" when you find out why Guy Pearce is relentless in getting back his stolen car...did not see that coming.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
First thought was the a fore mentioned "Planet of the Apes" but then I would have to go with "The Usual Suspects". The Kaiser Soze reveal was great.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Seven had a memorable ending.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. - "White Heat".

Cagney shouts: "On top of the World, Mom", as refinery blows.

2. - "Five Easy Pieces".

Nicholson wanders off and leaves his GF, wallet and car to head for Canada.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Searchers. Iconic shot of Wayne walking away from the ranch house.
The Bridge Over The River Kwai. Madness!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Das Boot

The Sand Pebbles.

...both unexpected. (you can see a trend)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Not a movie, but "Sopranos."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The Usual Suspects is my #1.

Casablanca, of course.
Raiders of the Lost Ark (homage to Citizen Kane.)
The Shootist
Shawshank

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
***SPOILER ALERT****

Do NOT watch the below clip if you haven't already watched the movie
...there are too many powerful acting performances and too great a story line to skip to the ending and deprive yourself of this suspenseful and powerful movie.

**some profanity used in this clip**

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8Vjbs3JsM

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Casablanca

Electra Glide in Blue

Apocalypse Now

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if it’s my FAVORITE but Saving Private Ryan’s ending HITS ME HARD IN THE FEELS and I am generally a jaded sarcastic bastard. Just THINKING about Ryan asking his wife if he had lived a good life chokes me right the hell up. So maybe not my all time favorite but quite possibly the most impactful on me.

I’m gonna go blow my nose now. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious George. Who'd have guessed that George would wind up reunited with the man in the yellow hat?

Quite a nail biter.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some good ones :

Man on Fire (the original ending)

Lost in Translation

Heat

Shawshank Redemption

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
The Sixth Sense

Absence of Malice

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
***SPOILER ALERT****

Do NOT watch the below clip if you haven't already watched the movie
...there are too many powerful acting performances and too great a story line to skip to the ending and deprive yourself of this suspenseful and powerful movie.

**some profanity used in this clip**

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8Vjbs3JsM

Yes. Great ending.

Attorney walking out wondering what the hell happened.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Silent Running.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Gladiator

The scene in the arena when they pick Maximus up and carry hm out

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post