SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite ending to a movie?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite ending to a movie? Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
The Last Days of Disco.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Last fighting scene in Last of the Mohicans

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14033 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Jaws has a great ending.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like a good ending. Let’s see.

The Godfather
Forrest Gump (really the last 20 minutes or so)
Braveheart
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The Prestige
Interstellar
Memento
The Silence of the Lambs

Nice idea for a thread!

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The Natural. Loved it as a boy and it’s never changed. Greatest ending of any film I ever saw. Roy Hobbs!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12619 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Fallen. Where you realize the well laid plan failed and the bad guy won.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
The Natural. Loved it as a boy and it’s never changed. Greatest ending of any film I ever saw. Roy Hobbs!

Very different from the book ending. I prefer the movie as well.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16308 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
And justice for all.
Al Pacino

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The Thing, still debated to this day.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I don’t know if it’s my FAVORITE but Saving Private Ryan’s ending HITS ME HARD IN THE FEELS and I am generally a jaded sarcastic bastard. Just THINKING about Ryan asking his wife if he had lived a good life chokes me right the hell up. So maybe not my all time favorite but quite possibly the most impactful on me.

I’m gonna go blow my nose now. Frown

Another one like that is the ending to No Country For Old Men

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The Gods Must Be Crazy, I. The 'end of the Earth' is breath-taking on the big screen.
The Gods Must Be Crazy II. Re-uniting with the lost children is a joy.
The Gods Must Be Crazy III, Crazy Safari. A taoist mage and Xi! save bis tribe.
The Gods Must Be Crazy IV, Xi! defeats smugglers.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
There are a lot and most have already been mentioned. One of my favorites is The Bedford Incident. I was so shocked at the ending. It was great!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
No particular order:
Forrest Gump
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars ('77)
The Matrix
Shawshank Redemption
Iron Man

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Citizen Kane
The Godfather
The Sting
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Departed

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
FALLEN was amazing.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Justifed, yeah not a movie but it was a good ending to a long running series....

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Not a movie, but "Sopranos."

And you're one of the few in agreement with me.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Justifed, yeah not a movie but it was a good ending to a long running series....

Big +1 on this

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Not a movie, but "Sopranos."

And you're one of the few in agreement with me.

I hated that ending at first, but after getting over the shock value (and the fact it wasn't HBO that went out), I love it!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Not a great movie but love the ending of DePalma's Raising Cain.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post