SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Motherless Brooklyn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motherless Brooklyn Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
My wife ambushed me Friday and took me to the movies. and we saw this. We both enjoyed it very much. Anyone else see it yet?

You will see SJW crap within it eventually, but it isn't preaching and I'm not even certain it was necessarily even really there. Very well made movie. Good music. Good story. Well cast and acted in my opinion.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/wNiUOZT9qyA

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont think Norton gets involved with a movie unless he thinks it will be good.
He was great in The Score.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I think the credits said he wrote and directed it. I'm guessing he probably had more to do with making it than previously. It moved along well but still took it's time. Well crafted.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it and enjoyed it. It was well put together. There where some race, power and haves vs. have nots in it, but it didn't detract at all.

Great team of actors, I liked them all in this movie.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I thought the story was terrible. It went nowhere.

SPOILERS......

Within the first two minutes of meeting the detective team the wife and I both called the small "twist" of the one bad guy. Very cliche.

Norton's character identifies the killer in that first town hall meeting where he recognizes the voice so that went nowhere and was no mystery. The whole meat of the story with the slums and what they were doing to them and why went nowhere and has nothing to do with the murder of Frank.

It's a shame because there were some good characters and it was filmed well and acted well, it was just flat on story.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post