SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A little piece about Grado headphones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little piece about Grado headphones Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
Someone asked about Grado cans a few weeks ago. Here is a piece about how they are made. Interesting. They are still handmade in Brooklyn.

https://www.dwell.com/article/...tige-sr325e-9ed91b6f

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Didn't know still family-owned and made in Brooklyn. When article says will have bluetooth speakers, do they mean headphones? Article repeatedly refers to the phone as a "speaker".

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The people at Dwell apparently HATE Android. I tried reading the arti

The people at Dwell apparently HATE Android. I tried rea

The people at Dwell apparently HAT

The people at Dwell apparently HATE Android. I tried reading the article on my Samsung tablet only to be overcome by all of their site's scripting, causing the

The people at Dwell apparently HATE Android. I tried reading the article on my Samsung tablet only to be overcome by all of their site's scripting, causing the page to reload itself over and over again. What a shitsho

The people at Dwell suck. I had to switch over to my desktop to read their damn story.

It's been many years since I've owned a Grado headset. Sennheiser, Beyeraudio and AKG were more to my liking. I used to really like the sonic signature of their phono cartridges but I never too a shine towards their uncomfortable-to-me headsets. Big ears with even bigger heads don't like too small headbands with concentrated pressure from relatively puny earcups no matter how good the sound might be that's emanating from the drivers. Their later, larger designs are much more comfortable and do sound excellent even with my high mileage and somewhat shot hearing, but I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out near $3k (after tax) for a headset given where my tinnitus is these days.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
When article says will have bluetooth speakers, do they mean headphones? Article repeatedly refers to the phone as a "speaker".
Grado’s first Bluetooth headphone.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Do they have an over-ear model, or are they all on-ear?

Do they have a preferred on-ear model that doesn't break the bank, but is comfortable as all get out? On-ear seems to cause fatique on my ears, but maybe I'm alone.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont know about the new ones but I have SR60s that dont bother my ears even with glasses.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
On ear and open back is their thing. They do have different ear pads, and they are interchangeable. They feel different and color the sound a little differently, too.

I don't have any experience with their very expensive headphones. The whole line is widely held by audiophiles to be excellent, especially at each model's price. The three or four least expensive models are really excellent for their low price. I've heard people say the 225 and 125 are especially great for their price, are at a sweet spot for not-very expensive cans.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post