SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jim Jarmusch's Night on Earth : The Roberto Benigni segment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Jarmusch's Night on Earth : The Roberto Benigni segment Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Night on Earth is a 1991 film from Jim Jarmusch. The film vignetttes five different cab drivers around the world on one particular night. The other four segments are OK (especially the Giancarlo Esposito/Armin Mueller-Stahl segment) but the Roberto Benigni segment is hilarious, truly.

If you want a really good laugh, take a look.

"I don't know if you've ever made love with your sister-in-law, Father, but you should try it, because it's absolute heaven!"

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Jim Jarmusch, I had no idea. I saw that movie not long after it came out, but never would have been able to tell you he directed it. I guess because he wasn't as well known then and I haven't seen it since.

But then I think my memory is mush. I swore I'd seen several Benigni films, but could only remember two others. When I looked them up, he wasn't in either of them. Big Grin I was watching a lot of foreign films then and I guess they all ran together.
(Roberto Benigni is not Maurizio Nichetti or Massimo Troisi) lol

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The other four segments are OK (especially the Giancarlo Esposito/Armin Mueller-Stahl segment).

The Giancarlo Esposito-Rosie Perez segment cracks me up too.

"We have the same hat!"

"No, no no, mine's different, man! Mine is the newest-latest! Mine's fresh!"

"No, the ear things here. They're the same!"

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Great JJ film. I liked the blind girl segment also. Also the one with Matti Pellonpää, who acts in a lot of Aki Kaurismäki's fimls - Finnish director. The two directors collaborate also.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post