SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Colony" on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Colony" on Netflix Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Quite good if you like a little rebellion with your science fiction.
I hadn't heard of it while it was showing on regular tv. If got renewed and season 2 starts in January.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode last night. I think it is worth watching. I thought the ending was excellent.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
It's good. I'm ready for season 2.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OldChimney
posted Hide Post
Thanks for mentioning this series. I had never heard of it but started watching on Netflix last night and found it very entertaining. I'm hooked and don't know how I missed the arrival.

Posts: 2364 | Location: West | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought it off iTunes. It's OK. Not great, but OK.

The actress that played Lori (Rick's wife) on The Walking Dead is one of the main protagonists.

I like her character on The Colony more than I liked her character on The Walking Dead.

As far as being an actress, I think she does/did a great job playing the character she is/was supposed to play.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I really like it. Looking forward to season 2

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I both like the show and are ready for season 2. We don't watch a lot of TV but this is one of the few shows we watched religiously. Lots of twists and turns to keep you interested in coming back for the next episode.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
If got renewed and season 2 starts in January.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds good. I usually don't start these types of shows until a second season comes along. I'm tired of being left hanging on canceled shows.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldChimney:
Thanks for mentioning this series. I had never heard of it but started watching on Netflix last night and found it very entertaining. I'm hooked and don't know how I missed the arrival.

I'm about 2/3 into season 1 and don't know about the arrival, only small bits of information on them are mentioned.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I had some time on my hands today, so I watched the first two episodes.

Boring.

Maybe I'm just done on "resistance fighters vs. alien invaders." At least with Amazon's "Man in the High Castle," the enemy is known. And the cinematography is better.

But there's been a plethora of like-themed shows lately, and I can't find anything about The Colony to recommend it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I watched the final episode of season 1 last night. Looking forward to season 2.

Living the Dream

Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Finally checked it out over the holidays. I liked it. Some of it has been done before, and it's probably not winning any awards, but it's entertaining and worth the time. It was neat to see "Sawyer" and "Lori" again.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I've watched 3 episodes so far and am totally lost

whom are the aliens?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I've watched 3 episodes so far and am totally lost

whom are the aliens?

Keep watching. It's a slow reveal. They are not well known to the trigger veryday people either.

TCB all the time...

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of "V" just watching the commercials.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I started this about a week ago and are into the 5th episode. Like it, don't love it, but it is growing on me.

THATs where I knew her from: the "actress that played Lori (Rick's wife) on The Walking Dead is one of the main protagonists." My wife and I saw a relatively small production at the Kennedy Center in DC 2-3 years ago and she was the co-lead. We were very close to the stage.

Let me tell you, she can ACT and, in person, she's very attractive.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
My wife and I started this about a week ago and are into the 5th episode. Like it, don't love it, but it is growing on me.

That's how I felt in the beginning too, but now I really like. Didn't have a chance to watch last night's episode yet. It's definitely one of the shows I look forward to each week.