SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Albums where all the songs are good.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Albums where all the songs are good. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd - Animals

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Megadeth - Rust In Peace

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens (1970)
Songs: "Where Do the Children Play?", "Hard Headed Woman", "Wild World", "Sad Lisa", "Miles from Nowhere", "But I Might Die Tonight", "Longer Boats", "Into White", "On the Road to Find Out", "Father and Son", "Tea for the Tillerman"

Teaser and the Firecat by Cat Stevens (1971)
Songs: "The Wind", "Rubylove", "If I Laugh", "Changes IV", "How Can I Tell You", "Tuesday's Dead", "Morning Has Broken", "Bitterblue", "Moonshadow", "Peace Train"

An Evening With Don Williams by Don Williams (1994)
Songs: "Good Ole Boys Like Me", "She's In Love With A Rodeo Man", "Some Broken Hearts Never Mend", "The Ties That Bind", "Louisiana Saturday Night", "Till The Rivers All Run Dry", "I Recall A Gypsy Woman", "It Must Be Love", "Lay Down Beside Me", "Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good", "(I'm Just A) Country Boy", "Tulsa Time", "Amanda", "You're My Best Friend", "Dialogue", "I Believe In You"

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath album!

Posts: 2374 | Location: TN | Registered: October 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

The Glitch Mob, Drink the Sea

This made me think of Phutureprimitive - Kinetik, which is a great album. Just a dandy.

I think I heard it around the same time I first heard Drink the Sea.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Beatles fan, but SPLHCB has to be included because each track is groundbreaking in its own way.

Duran Duran's Rio album doesn't have a bad song on it, though you have to like the band to begin with.

Michael Jackson's Thriller comes close but misses by a hair with "The Lady in my Life".

I remember listening to Styx's Kilroy was Here over and over again, although I can't say every song was a winner that stand the test of time.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Chicago - Transit Authority

Posts: 1892 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd: The Wall
Boston: Boston
Crowded House: Woodface

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:
Chicago - Transit Authority
Exactly. Before they became Chicago, they were Chicago Transit Authority. Very tight album. Introduction, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?, Beginnings, I'm a Man, Questions 67 & 68, etc., etc., etc.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The actual Chicago Transit Authority didn’t take kindly to the band naming themselves after the Authority. I believe they sued which led to the name change.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Another one:

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I'm adding August by Eric Clapton.

I'm sitting at work with my iPod running and this album came up in the rotation. I don't consider it a classic work of his, but I like every song on this album, particularly "Tearing Us Apart" with Tina Turner.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Nick Heywood, North of a Miracle

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Neil Young's Live at Massey Hall is an awesome album as well.

It could be argued that it is a "greatest hits", but some of the future hits hadn't even been recorded yet when he played them there in '71.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by SPG:
Tapestry still my favorite

That's one of my favorites though I believe it is a greatest hits album which is why I didn't note it.

If it is a greatest hits album, I think it is one of the best greatest hits albums if not the best.

Oh and another for the topic:

Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus.

Actually, Tapestry is not a greatest hits album; it just seems that way because of the high number of singles it produced. It remains one of the biggest selling albums of all time.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
van halen 1984
ZZ top eliminatore,deguillo,el loco

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Tommy - The Who

Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield

Pictures at an Exhibition (live '71) - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Just a couple.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Rolling Stones:Exile On Main Street
Beggars Banquet
Bob Wills And The Texas Playboys:For The Last Time (I'm not a country fan but the album is outstanding, look into the story behind it)
Elmore James:King Of The Slide Guitar(Most of his released albums were posthumus as he died in 1963
Benny Goodman:The Complete Concert at Carnegie Hall 1938
The Beatles:Sgt.Pepper
Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen:We've Got A Live One Here

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:

saw these guys in concert a few months ago,
2nd time in a few years

EXCELLENT show, worth every penny

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Giving credit where due, this is the first album that popped into my head when reading the thread tittle.

quote:
Originally posted by armored:
SUPERTRAMP - Crime of the century

Most of my other selections have been listed along with ones I had forgotten about but I’ll add;

Icehouse ~ Man of Colours

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post