January 19, 2018, 09:42 PM
maxxpower
Albums where all the songs are good.
Pink Floyd - Animals

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Megadeth - Rust In Peace
January 20, 2018, 09:56 AM
arlen
Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens (1970)
Songs: "Where Do the Children Play?", "Hard Headed Woman", "Wild World", "Sad Lisa", "Miles from Nowhere", "But I Might Die Tonight", "Longer Boats", "Into White", "On the Road to Find Out", "Father and Son", "Tea for the Tillerman"

Teaser and the Firecat by Cat Stevens (1971)
Songs: "The Wind", "Rubylove", "If I Laugh", "Changes IV", "How Can I Tell You", "Tuesday's Dead", "Morning Has Broken", "Bitterblue", "Moonshadow", "Peace Train"

An Evening With Don Williams by Don Williams (1994)
Songs: "Good Ole Boys Like Me", "She's In Love With A Rodeo Man", "Some Broken Hearts Never Mend", "The Ties That Bind", "Louisiana Saturday Night", "Till The Rivers All Run Dry", "I Recall A Gypsy Woman", "It Must Be Love", "Lay Down Beside Me", "Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good", "(I'm Just A) Country Boy", "Tulsa Time", "Amanda", "You're My Best Friend", "Dialogue", "I Believe In You"

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================
January 20, 2018, 11:00 AM
RJT
Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath album!
January 21, 2018, 06:59 PM
Veeper
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

The Glitch Mob, Drink the Sea

This made me think of Phutureprimitive - Kinetik, which is a great album. Just a dandy.

I think I heard it around the same time I first heard Drink the Sea.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
January 21, 2018, 07:45 PM
ChicagoSigMan
I'm not a Beatles fan, but SPLHCB has to be included because each track is groundbreaking in its own way.

Duran Duran's Rio album doesn't have a bad song on it, though you have to like the band to begin with.

Michael Jackson's Thriller comes close but misses by a hair with "The Lady in my Life".

I remember listening to Styx's Kilroy was Here over and over again, although I can't say every song was a winner that stand the test of time.
January 22, 2018, 12:11 AM
SeaCliff
Chicago - Transit Authority
January 22, 2018, 01:10 PM
PASig
Pink Floyd: The Wall
Boston: Boston
Crowded House: Woodface

January 22, 2018, 01:20 PM
f2
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:
Chicago - Transit Authority
Exactly. Before they became Chicago, they were Chicago Transit Authority. Very tight album. Introduction, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?, Beginnings, I'm a Man, Questions 67 & 68, etc., etc., etc.

January 22, 2018, 04:42 PM
TMats
The actual Chicago Transit Authority didn’t take kindly to the band naming themselves after the Authority. I believe they sued which led to the name change.

January 23, 2018, 01:30 PM
PASig
Another one:

January 25, 2018, 02:40 PM
CoolRich59
I'm adding August by Eric Clapton.

I'm sitting at work with my iPod running and this album came up in the rotation. I don't consider it a classic work of his, but I like every song on this album, particularly "Tearing Us Apart" with Tina Turner.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
January 25, 2018, 04:54 PM
lyman
Nick Heywood, North of a Miracle

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

January 25, 2018, 05:03 PM
Gustofer
Neil Young's Live at Massey Hall is an awesome album as well.

It could be argued that it is a "greatest hits", but some of the future hits hadn't even been recorded yet when he played them there in '71.

January 27, 2018, 10:53 AM
TMats
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by SPG:
Tapestry still my favorite

That's one of my favorites though I believe it is a greatest hits album which is why I didn't note it.

If it is a greatest hits album, I think it is one of the best greatest hits albums if not the best.

Oh and another for the topic:

Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus.

Actually, Tapestry is not a greatest hits album; it just seems that way because of the high number of singles it produced. It remains one of the biggest selling albums of all time.

January 27, 2018, 12:02 PM
bendable
van halen 1984
ZZ top eliminatore,deguillo,el loco

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
January 27, 2018, 04:50 PM
sigmonkey
Tommy - The Who

Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield

Pictures at an Exhibition (live '71) - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Just a couple.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
January 27, 2018, 04:53 PM
shovelhead
Rolling Stones:Exile On Main Street
Beggars Banquet
Bob Wills And The Texas Playboys:For The Last Time (I'm not a country fan but the album is outstanding, look into the story behind it)
Elmore James:King Of The Slide Guitar(Most of his released albums were posthumus as he died in 1963
Benny Goodman:The Complete Concert at Carnegie Hall 1938
The Beatles:Sgt.Pepper
Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen:We've Got A Live One Here

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
January 27, 2018, 06:54 PM
Butch 2340

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

January 27, 2018, 07:12 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:

saw these guys in concert a few months ago,
2nd time in a few years

EXCELLENT show, worth every penny

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

January 28, 2018, 10:02 AM
SpinZone
Giving credit where due, this is the first album that popped into my head when reading the thread tittle.

quote:
Originally posted by armored:
SUPERTRAMP - Crime of the century

Most of my other selections have been listed along with ones I had forgotten about but I’ll add;

Icehouse ~ Man of Colours

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management