SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Far Cry 5 is available
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Far Cry 5 is available Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed what I've gotten to play so far. What other game lets me get eaten by a bear while taking a break from killing religious cultists to go fly fishing...

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
I've enjoyed what I've gotten to play so far. What other game lets me get eaten by a bear while taking a break from killing religious cultists to go fly fishing...

no doubt

i cleared out two regions and took a break by climbing into a big rig and just driving around for 20 minutes enjoying the scenery and listening to Ted Nugent, Heart and Foghat on the radio!! Big Grin

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
I look forward to playing it eventually but I always wait until games are in the $20 bin these days.

Ahem.

On Steam, right now, you can purchase Far Cry 5, every scrap of DLC content for it, and Far Cry 3 bundled together for $26.

I already owned Far Cry 3, so I didn't get a pro-rated price or anything, and I'm ok with that. $26 for this much content is a pretty fair deal. If you already own the base game, all the DLC and season pass stuff is still on sale.

I'm not far in at all. Got Boomer, Peaches, Adelaide and Nick for squadmates. The game is good, and I'm enjoying it. The music and production values are top notch. It feels like Far Cry with Assassin's Creed Origins' menu, interface, and a number of other features grafted on, and it works. No minimap, ok, but you get a fully 3d map and you can fast travel without finding everything first. I don't miss the towers and I did laugh when the guy at the beginning says something about "I won't have you climbing towers all over the place."

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Those cutscenes that you can't skip, and automatically play after you complete some task, taking you to another part of the map, can fuck off. Same with the requirement to use Uplay, all these twinks and their proprietary launchers need to fuck off into the ocean. I bought it on Steam, lemme just use Steam, goddamnitjesuschrist.

But overall, it's a real solid game, very pretty setting. If you ever get tired of killing cultists, and that might happen because it can be a bit repetitive, you can just go for a drive and watch the scenery.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Those cutscenes that you can't skip, and automatically play after you complete some task, taking you to another part of the map, can fuck off.

Imagine my surprise, when, after ripping through a cult outpost and massacring all the Rob Zombie Jr's, a cutscene pops up and then I'm standing in the middle of the same place cleaned up with happy prepper party going on around me and all the bodies and guns have disappeared. I don't even get to loot the cocksuckers I just killed?

quote:
Same with the requirement to use Uplay, all these twinks and their proprietary launchers need to fuck off into the ocean. I bought it on Steam, lemme just use Steam, goddamnitjesuschrist.

That's damned right. God, I hate that shit. To access one game, I've got to maintain two online content delivery accounts and often enough, a third account within the game just to log in, and this is becoming accepted and standard within the industry. What the fuck. Kinda makes me miss the days of ID games passing out "here's our entire back library of games on a CD-ROM with the full version of Quake and all you have to do is download a CD key unlocker and it's all yours" free at the register at Circuit City but I guess that's the kinda shit that got us into this mess in the first place.

quote:
But overall, it's a real solid game, very pretty setting. If you ever get tired of killing cultists, and that might happen because it can be a bit repetitive, you can just go for a drive and watch the scenery.

Honestly, after getting the three animal squadmates and the pilots, I've just been kinda wandering the countryside with them. Usually the animals, and then I like to call in the close air support when there's a compound or whatever. The game really is beautiful, and it draws you in. The first few minutes of play time in the open world after the intro sequence, I snuck into a field under some power lines along the edge of some woods and stalked a cult dude. Right as I was snapping his neck or whatever, a deer comes crashing through the brush in front of us, there's a horrible noise and then a mountain lion was on it. We both stalked and killed prey within about six feet. I had just picked up a flamethrower previously and tried it out on the mountain lion and the deer the instant I came out of the kill animation. This set the whole field on fire, of course, and my dog... and me. Quite an introduction to the game. Big Grin

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh, you were talking about the hunting parties? Yeah, that shit's gonna get old fast. But I realized that's their mechanic for forcing plot progress. That's new in an RPG game for me, usually you can fuck off with all the side quests and wander about all you want without having to mess with the main quest line. It helps to advance abilities and skills and such, but I've never seen it forced before.