SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Far Cry 5 is available
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Far Cry 5 is available Login/Join 
posted
Solid game.

If you have played the others it is similar.

The tower climbing requirement is gone. Some other cool additions but similar to the other games - if you liked them you will like this one.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The man who was hired to write the music is known more for movies and TV shows.

He wrote the songs used by the cult in the game. Some of the songs, while tailored to the group, could be used by mainstream religions if stripped away from the images used in the game.

There was a story about this the other day on NPR, along with some clips of the music. There is one clip that has a link to Youtube. The story has some of the other songs.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27...ay-cult-of-far-cry-5

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree the production value is very high.

Like any cult - 'part' of their message is correct and worthwhile. But the 'kill the unfaithful to save them' part is where they get way off-track.

--------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely be picking this up. I thoroughly enjoyed 3 and 4. But I can wait for the price to drop. I'm still working on Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed that they dropped the mini-map feature in FC5 and I've experienced a few bugs, but otherwise it's good, so far.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I kinda miss the mini-map as well. I'm liking it so far.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Firing the grenade launcher while flying around on the ultralite was my favorite Farcry moment. The silenced 50 cal. sniper was a close second.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I look forward to playing it eventually but I always wait until games are in the $20 bin these days. I love the stealth melee kills and setting up traps for the enemies.

Playing Just Cause 3 XL Edition right now. Got it yesterday from the Microsoft store for $12.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'mma finish final fantasy 15, then get this one. Ive to many games i get at release to only finish a few years down the road.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some of the cut scenes are a bit long but whatever

the gaming is really good though - lots of side quests

and if you get bored with the running and gunning - take a break and go fishing or hunting ...

---------------------------

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Children talking about child's games. Yawn.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yet you took the time to read the thread and post in it. Yawn.

I will be getting this - I still do co-op FC4 missions with my buddy, so this will be fun.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Children talking about child's games. Yawn.

The most childish post in this thread is yours, actually.

Personally, sandbox games aren't really appealing. I've never played any of the previous versions of Far Cry.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Originally, I wasn't even interested. Then I tried FC3 and couldn't put it down.
I watched from afar when my youngest got hooked by FC4, he simply would not try FC3 when I was playing. To me it was samo samo.

It's a mystery how it works but you get sucked in by these games. Very enjoyable but must say that I found myself dreaming of climbing and jumping towers more than once.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Originally, I wasn't even interested. Then I tried FC3 and couldn't put it down.
I watched from afar when my youngest got hooked by FC4, he simply would not try FC3 when I was playing. To me it was samo samo.

It's a mystery how it works but you get sucked in by these games. Very enjoyable but must say that I found myself dreaming of climbing and jumping towers more than once.

0-0

I played the first Far Cry many moons ago, and thought it was very Meh. Somehow I got a copy of 2 and I dunno what it was, but that was great. Then there was Blood Dragon which was hilarious and fun and stupid and just all around a great game. Then 3 got cheap enough and I grabbed that, and it was a lot like 2, but it also had boobies. The 12 year old that lives inside me was like, "Ohhhhhh shit! Oh shit! Did you see that? Boobies!" But the jaded adult that now inhabits this meat droid was not impressed, because unless it's butt-to-butt double dongs in a pair of trannies, I don't care. But whatever, it too was a fun game. So, I'll probably get this one too in a couple years when it's on sale, after I get 4 when I decide that's cheap enough too. I couldn't really tell you why I like any of them, but I do.

[politics]I am amused at leftist game "reviewers" crying all over the interbutts that the game isn't the Republican murder simulator they had all dreamed of. They are in fact finding that, like in previous Far Cry games, your objectives and goals aren't so cut and dry. The "good guy" might not actually be the good guy, there's some gray area, and your motivations could be used against you.[/politics]

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked it up and like it quite a bit. I appreciate that you can do co-op almost immediately.

I kinda miss the tower climbing, am I weird?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yes, you are weird. Wink

I did appreciate flipping that switch at the top of a tower that I had fallen to my inglorious death many times, though.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I didnt know there wasnt a risk of falling death from climbing, so I may wait on this one. I greatly enjoy it, since it was a challenge.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I didnt know there wasnt a risk of falling death from climbing, so I may wait on this one. I greatly enjoy it, since it was a challenge.

there is actually plenty of climbing

plenty of flying helicopters and planes

parachuting and wingsuiting

you just don't have to do the mandatory climb to flick the switch at the top of the tower 10x per region to get ahead...

played a bunch - so far its great - again my only complaint is the 'mandatory / periodic' cut scenes which kinda interrupt the flow ... but you can skip most of them so that's good.

--------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Yes, you are weird. Wink

I did appreciate flipping that switch at the top of a tower that I had fallen to my inglorious death many times, though.

Wingsuit man, wingsuit. I also love that you can shoot out of your parachute in this one. I have ceased driving to places, I just find a nearby location and airdrop in, wingsuit to the target and setup about 150m out.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post