SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jimmy Stewart Movies-- Evolving Discussion From A Karma
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy Stewart Movies-- Evolving Discussion From A Karma Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Karmanator will choose the winner on Halloween, my wife's 60th birthday.

Next Time We Love
You Gotta Stay Happy
Thunder Bay
The Glenn Miller Story
Shenandoah

Please have an email in your profile. Good Luck To You

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrmn50,

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Unlucky number 1. Jimmy is my favorite actor by far.
Thanks for the chance.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to you wife!

Please include me in your karma, and thank you for offering it.

I've loved Jimmy Stewart since I was a little girl.

For anyone who likes the old radio westerns, Stewart starred in a single season western called the Six Shooter. All of the episodes are available here. Good stuff. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Well, not a lot of entries so I will have the karmanator choose right now and ship on the 30th.

Folks in the Karma
The following people entered the Karma
Name
ID Number
cheesegrits
mrmn50
qxsoup
There were: 3 people entered in the Karma

The winner is: cheesegrits
The winner's id number is: 1030079312
The winner's profile is at: https://sigforum.com/groupee/my...profile&u=1030079312

No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, mrmn50. Email sent.

Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm late to the party I hope your wife had a great Birthday.

I loved Jimmy Stewart. Used to watch all his movies and loved when he was on Johnny Carson at night.

Enjoy cheesegrits!!!

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'm late to the party as well. mrmn50, a belated Happy Birthday to your wife, I hope it was a great one! Also, thank you for offering this karma! Congratulations to cheesegrits!

I'm a Jimmy Stewart fan also, and while I've seen a number of his movies, the only one on the karma list I've seen is Shenandoah.

So a question for the Jimmy Stewart fans. Years ago I was staying in a motel, and was watching a Jimmy Stewart movie not long before I had to check out. I missed the start of the movie and so missed the title and, having to check out, never saw the end.

The movie was about the character played by Jimmy taking his family on a beach vacation. They were renting a house for the Summer. If I'm recalling correctly he had two children. At one point in the movie he takes his younger son out in the ocean in a row boat and they get lost in the fog, but by sheer luck find their back to the shore. Later in the movie his older daughter is trying to meet a boy and Jimmy either pays off or somehow convinces some local to show an interest in his daughter.

Anyone know what movie this is?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Summer Rental with John Candy??? Razz

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Summer Rental with John Candy??? Razz

Nice try...but a swing and a miss. Smile No, this was definitely a Jimmy Stewart flick.

After shuffling through IMDB, my best guess is that the movie I'm thinking of may be Mr. Hobbs Goes on Vacation...but I'm not a 100% on that.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Thank you for giving me credit for a nice try.
I should change the title of the thread though.

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I loved The Wild Breed. Great flick about Texas Longhorn cattle.

And of course Winchester '73.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Always had a soft spot for Harvey, his film about an imaginary (?) six-foot rabbit.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
Always had a soft spot for Harvey, his film about an imaginary (?) six-foot rabbit.

Yes, that's another great one. We named a cat Harvey after seeing it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. I love his westerns and I just watched
Bordelo, The Man from Laramie and Winchester 73.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

The movie was about the character played by Jimmy taking his family on a beach vacation. They were renting a house for the Summer.

Mr. Hobbs takes a vacation

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Speed and some others are on demand(TCM).

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Flight of the Phoenix. Especially since Stewart was a real deal pilot. His work with Hichcock was excellent too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
His home town is right up the road from me. Indiana PA. I just read a bit from our local paper on a vet from Vietnam who did a talk locally. He said when he was injured, Jimmy came to visit his hospital. They chatted about being from PA for quite a while.

I suppose predictably, "It's a Wonderful Life" is my favorite.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Winchester 73 and Harvey are my favorites.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Winchester 73 and Harvey are my favorites.

I always forget about Winchester 73 when I think of his great movies. Thanks for the reminder.