SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Most realistic ever
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Most realistic ever Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to this one. I just wish they'd mention a release date. Or a release quarter. Or a hint like "before Christmas".

And yes, I know software development is hard. I spent a career doing it. Smile

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is supposed to be fall sometime. Ill probably buy the yet to be released Xbox X just to play this game (a lot cheaper than building a gaming computer!)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Alright one more screenshot, I just couldn't help myself.

Posts: 6343 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post

And here is a video showing some of the ground movement. To say it's impressive would be an understatement.

Posts: 6343 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where are the fighters? Guns, bombs, enemy targets.

No chance, huh?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107466 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Sorry boss man, appears not. Although there are usually 3rd party developers who create fighter jets for it, but they don't have the ability to use weapons as far as I know.

Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
The best combat flight sim IMHO - IL-2 Sturmovik. Tanks too if your into that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfDMh9KACew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...t_c&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just imagine of there was a combat version of this. I see now that Microsoft has not made a combat flight sim in a long time, and that's a shame. I had so much fun and got so much enjoyment out of MS Combat Flight Simulator, I can't even begin to tell you. I guess that kind of thing is too 'aggressive' now, huh?

Where's the fun in flying around if you can't shoot at stuff?

I'm with you Para. I remember that game from the late 90's and could play it for hours. Put me in a A-10 and let me strafe some enemy tanks or do some Air 2 Air!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'll have to get this now! It looks incredible. I'm guessing no one played Air Warrior, but it was the best combat sim out there. I've tried War Thunder but it just doesn't do it for me.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Releases August 18. Link

Posts: 1823 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Well, just ordered 32 gigs of ram because I only have 8 and 16 is recommended. Also picking up an RTX 2070 Super. Currently have a 970, but want those sweet ultra graphics.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eye candy and add-ons are great and all, but what's the flight model like? I started with flight sims on subLOGIC FS2 on a C=64 a *long* time ago. Been through just about every one released and X-Plane has much more realistc flight modeling than MSFS ever did. Maybe they got it right this time.

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's the fun in flying around if you can't shoot at stuff?

Big Grin

Would Phoscheck drop in a Forrest fire work ?
Or crop duster sim?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Would Phoscheck drop in a Forrest fire work ?
Or crop duster sim?

These aren't really simulators. Computer games, but definitely not simulators.

Replicating fire drops isn't possible. Whatever someone puts on a laptop won't come close. Or ag work, either.

Simuflite, I think, has a sim for the Air Tractor 802, but it's only real value is engine starts and malfunctions. Outside of that, there's only one place to learn it, see it, or do it, and that's in the cockpit.

The National Aerial Firefighting Academy is held in Sacramento each year, and features a room of "simulators" that are set up to feature generic lead aircraft, air attack platforms, helicopters, single engine air tankers, or heavy air tankers; each has the graphics and a non-motion cockpit to sit in, and all are linked to a joint software so that numerous aircraft can show up at a fire simulation. Everyone is linked in on headsets to communicate, and the entire simulation starts with a fire dispatch, all the way out to entering the fire traffic area, the drop, and the load and return at to the tanker base. Each cockpit has yokes, sticks, throttles, power levers, collectives, cyclics, etc. And multiple screens with graphics.

It isn't remotely close to realistic. More of a communication exercise. Mindbending graphics wouldn't make it more realistic, either.

If you want to simulate that, put on clothes over clothes, heavy boots, gloves, and a helmet and pick a good 120 degree day. Sit in your car with no windowshades, roll up the windows, and give it an hour or so to get the feel. Then drive it off a cliff into a fire with more energy than an atomic bomb. It's a start.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Bring back Falcon 4.0 with upgraded graphics and I might consider a computer game. If I want to buzz around in a 172 I will go rent one.

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Bring back Falcon 4.0 with upgraded graphics and I might consider a computer game. If I want to buzz around in a 172 I will go rent one.

Isn’t that technically DCS

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

I remember the upgrade from Falcon 3 to falcon 4, it was amazing. I haven't checked out BMS but have instead rediscovered the fun in a flight/combat sim in DCS some 20 years later.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
@jrhillma

Watch this video. It will answer your question about flight modeling.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
@jrhillma

Watch this video. It will answer your question about flight modeling.

Thank you for linking that. This gives me hope. Will be checking it out.

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post