SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Most realistic ever
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Most realistic ever Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted
I'm incredibly excited for this. The last installment of MS Flight Sim was about 10 years ago with FSX. The scenery in the 3 modern flight sims FSX,X-plane and P3D. And while aftermarket add on scenery packs make certain cities very real looking, FS2020 is going to blow them all out of the water. It uses Bing Maps' satellite imagery to build all of the terrain and buildings.

Here is the official trailer and then an overview by a Twitch streamer/youtuber who was one of the ones invited out by Microsoft to demo the sim as it is in development right now.

Its going to start as a Windows based sim and will later be added to the Xbox platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUu_g7A6VpA

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
It looks great, but Im almost certain my desktop wont be able to handle that game.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I was panning to build a new computer this year but I'm putting it off till later in 2020 specifically because of this sim. Been folioing since the announcement. Looks incredible.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What about a combat version? MS Combat Flight Simulator 98 was the first PC video game I purchased. Man, I loved that thing.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Trailer looks amazing. If it isn’t 90 gigs, I’ll probably end up getting it.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think it might've been the version before FS-X but my dentist had it with a yoke & pedal set. Fun to play around with.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for the system specs to come out to see what's required. Catstrator said that the computers provided by Microsoft had 2080ti graphics cars but he wasn't sure what else. I've also heard possibly 32gb ram. But that's also Microsoft with unlimited funds so they may have gone all out just in case.

I'm guessing it'll help to have an Intel i9 9900k for the CPU.

I'm also holding off on my next PC build until then. But it gives me an excuse to watch build videos.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I haven;t played MS Flight Simulator, nor any CPU game, or had a desktop...in forever. This would tempt me to build one and get some big-ass 4k monitors!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
apparently it's so realistic that when you start up the program, somebody from TSA shows up and gropes you.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I remember the days of Falcon 3.0 - had a joystick, throttle box and rudder pedals

that was fun Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
apparently it's so realistic that when you start up the program, somebody from TSA shows up and gropes you.

That's only with the Platinum Collector's edition. Also comes with a barf bag, a packet of stale peanuts, a sleep mask, and a 4oz pump mist bottle of fart smell.

Oh that's MS Passenger Simulator 2020 I'm thinking of. Razz

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Looks amazing. I wonder what the recommended computer specs will be.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
It looks great, but I'm almost certain my desktop wont be able to handle that game.

Me too.

I rarely buy a new graphics card but when I do I'm always behind the cutting edge by a year. I bought a 1050ti last year. Plus I built my "new" system on an older refurbished Asus Z77A mainboard. Z77 chipset, that's like 7 years old. I put in the takeoff used i7-3770 (Q2-2012 intro) and 16gb of DDR3 memory, both sold right here in the forum classifieds. It does have a new Samsung SSD and a really nice new Seasonic power supply.

It might just barely meet some minimum requirement but this game would not be fun on this system.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I still have a gaming caliber pc but I was just thinking the other day how it might be time to "let it go" and then I see this... Big Grin I do see they will have it on the XBOX ONE as well!

My first flight game was a DOS based Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer. I remember thinking how incredible that was at the time...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just imagine of there was a combat version of this. I see now that Microsoft has not made a combat flight sim in a long time, and that's a shame. I had so much fun and got so much enjoyment out of MS Combat Flight Simulator, I can't even begin to tell you. I guess that kind of thing is too 'aggressive' now, huh?

Where's the fun in flying around if you can't shoot at stuff?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Might be the push I need to finally invest in some nice flight controls.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
VR is going to be the killer.

I'm loving X plane with VR. The first time I flew in VR, my stomach nearly got sick...and I'm a pilot with aerobatic time!

If MS can figure out the VR thing, and figure out a way to integrate controls in VR, that'll be huge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
It'll be out soon. Here's a little video they put together to tease us in the meantime.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFmpakz9Yo

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
apparently it's so realistic that when you start up the program,

Wrong.. All your luggage magically gets lost in some random city.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Here is one of the screenshots taken from one of the alpha test users. There are a bunch more on Microsoft's website www.flightsimulator.com but I didn't want to post them all here because of their size. But safe to say this is even more detailed than I expected.

They also have a partnership with FlightAware they they're going to announce within the month I believe. I'm guessing this will be to have real time/real world AI plane traffic.