SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies before the actors were major stars
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies before the actors were major stars Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Jeff Goldblum as one of the young punks in Death Wish.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Tim - Mel Gibson.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would have to second Diner. One of my all time favorite movies. Also stars young Tim Daley, Paul Reiser, Steve Gutenberg, Ellen Barkin and Daniel Stern. Excellent movie.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Jeff Goldblum as one of the young punks in Death Wish.

Also in California Split as a 22 year old.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Jack Nicholson was in a few of the later color episodes of The Andy Griffth Show.

Death Wish was the first movie Jeff Goldblum was in.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Return of the Killer Tomatoes

George Clooney

and a pre-boob job Teri Wegel(sp) Wink

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A party at Kitty and Stud's.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
James Earl Jones as the bombardier Lt. Lothar Zogg in "Dr. Strangelove, or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb."

It was his his first movie role.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The Blob (1958) with a young Steve McQueen and with Aneta Corsaut, who later played Helen Crump on the Andy Griffith Show.

After the Thin Man (1936) - early movie role for Jimmy Stewart.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
Jack Nicholson was also in The Wild Ride. I think it was his second movie.

He was also in the Andy Griffith Show. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
Death wish also has Christopher Guest as the young patrolman at the end and Olympia Dukakis as an officer in the precinct.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Danny Glover played an inmate in Escape from Alcatraz.

I've seen the movie several times but only noticed it the most recent time around a few months back.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cliff Clavin (OK, John Ratzeberger) was a GI in "A Bridge Too Far" and in LOTS of small roles.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001652/

I could swear he played a bad guy in one of the Dirty Harry movies (maybe with some scenes filmed on Alcatraz), but it was not listed in his IMDB bio.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Glory (1989)

Notably for Denzel Washington and Andre Braugher (Pvt. Trip and Cpl. Searles, respectively), as the film had notable stars like Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, and Cary Elwes (which I never know how to pronounce). Washington had already been in his acting career for 10 years, but I believe this was his first movie where he was memorable as "yeah...Denzel Washington played that role". Braugher did an amazing job, as this was his first major movie role in his first year of acting. It is my opinion this movie put them both on their individual roadways for a very successful career.

Speaking of Morgan Freeman, the first movie I recall seeing him in (and a very small part) was Brubaker (1980) starring Robert Redford.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laurence Fishburne in Apocalypse Now

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is Chris Hemsworth in Cabin in the Woods

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Star Wars. For the younger cast members.

Posts: 515 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Amazon Women on the Moon

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0...s?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
American Graffiti

Richard Dreyfuss as Curt Henderson
Ron Howard as Steve Bolander
Paul Le Mat as John Milner
Charles Martin Smith as Terry "The Toad" Fields
Cindy Williams as Laurie Henderson
Candy Clark as Debbie Dunham
Mackenzie Phillips as Carol Morrison
Wolfman Jack as himself
Harrison Ford as Bob Falfa
Suzanne Somers as "The Blonde" in the T-Bird

Posts: 23371 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
Laurence Fishburne in Apocalypse Now

Apocalypse Now also had Scott Glen in one of his early roles.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post