SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sons of Liberty series from 2015...any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sons of Liberty series from 2015...any good? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I just stumbled across this mini series and am about to watch it. Does anyone remember it...was it good? Accurate or revisionist?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
If you are expecting a factual representation of the time, don't. Fiction a a couple of facts mixed in.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Too bad, guess it’ll just be entertainment value.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's good. Worth the time investment.
My kids (12 and 8) learned some history and got fired up to learn more.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. As stated, it's not a documentary but it's a fun series.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I liked it, a lot!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not good and not accurate. Wouldn't waste time on it.
The close up of the rack of trapdoor rifles set up as fake flintlocks (the director must have thought it was an impressive sight!) was just one in a long number of instances whereby the makers proved they were clueless about the history they were depicting.

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
As a history buff I caught a couple episodes...and was disappointed.

Stylized graphic depictions of combat, modernized musical scoring, so-so acting, and worst of all..typical History Channel type mega-doses of drama pumped at the viewer.

My criticisms of Sons of Liberty are the same I had for the series Turncoats.

From a VERY broad high level view it holds kernels of historical accuracy...but there are better ways to learn and enjoy important historical events.

Set the bar low enough and I suppose it is watchable.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post