SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Genius: Einstein
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Genius: Einstein Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted
I've been watching the NatGeo production of "Genius" (life of Albert Einstein). Last night's episode was about his attempt to prove that gravity bends light, by using the solar eclipse of August 1914.

Overall the production has been good (Einstein was not the kindly dottering old prof as most think, but an arrogant asshole), but "production continuity" has had some problems.

The production was filmed in Prague, Czech Republic, but filming times didn't always match the reality of the events, as this episode was filmed in the "Dead of Winter" with snow all around and winter clothing being worn by the actors, when it was supposedly taking place in the middle of July and August 1914 in Central Europe.

And, oh yeah, a "little political disagreement" had started up by then which prevented him from proving his theory too.

I guess "time is relative" indeed. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
not surprised at all.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post