SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Physical Comedians
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Physical Comedians Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Well, Tim Conway tops my list but he is a close second to John Cleese of Monty Python and Fawlty Towers fame

Gallagher is the guy that used to smash melons and he was pretty funny

Rodney of course

John Cleese just turned 80.

“For international fans, nobody gives a better impression of the quintessential Brit than John Cleese. The Monty Python co-founder has been facing criticism for his political remarks. He now turns 80…”

www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.co...-turns-80/a-50990031

I best remember Cleese from a Fawlty Towers episode. Doing a Hitler impersonation, holding a comb under his nose (for a mustache) and doing a Nazi strut before his German guests. That after cautioning the staff, “Don’t talk about the war.”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed that only one person mentioned Red Skelton. The man was an amazing comedic mime!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
John Cleese
Michael Richards

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Just watched Jim Gaffigan's special. He's extremely physical Big Grin.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael Richards.
Chevy Chase

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Steve Martin

2 of his best are PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES and DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Steve Martin

2 of his best are PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES and DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS.

I liked "Mixed Nuts". The Snowman roller skating along the beach is a hoot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, and Sammo Hung. Encounters of the Spooky Kind and Wheels on Meals are two of my favorites.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
don't forget Gleason and carney

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Jonathan Winters was great. Cary Grant could also be very funny.

And I second many mentioned here with Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, and Chevy Chase among my favorites.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SecurityGeek:
Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, and Sammo Hung. Encounters of the Spooky Kind and Wheels on Meals are two of my favorites.

Sammo Hung is funny as shit. Jackie Chan is a hard working son-of-a-gun. You cannot exclude Dean Shek if you include Hong Kong kung fu. I watched Ring of Death just recently. Good fun!

Bud Spencer, also a favorite of mine.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Peter Sellers was a great physical comedian as an actor. Think of his Pink Panther bits. He had a great moment in the very old Brit film “The Ladykillers. “

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
The guy that smashes stuff?

That is prop comedy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post