SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First Concert for my Boys, It was a Good One!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Concert for my Boys, It was a Good One! Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
My boys are 6 & 7, and are going into first and second grade. A few months ago I found out Imagine Dragons was going to be playing at Red Rocks in July. My boys love Imagine Dragons, so I decided to see if I could get some tickets. I joined their group to qualify for pre-sale tickets, but wasn't able to get any. The day they went on sale I had 2 computers up trying to get tickets. I kept getting a "no tickets available" message, but persistence paid off. 10 minutes after the sale started I was able to get 4 GA tickets! The kids were super excited when I told them we'd be seeing Imagine Dragons at Red Rocks.

They've never been to Red Rocks, but we've driven by it a bunch of times. There are also Red Rock formations all over the area...We live about 10 minutes from Red Rocks. The date of the show finally came, July 16. Since we had GA tickets (starting at row 49) I knew I had to get there early to get decent seats. We got to RR at 4:00 (Gates open at 5:30) and were able to get row 52 (3rd row for GA), center stage.

Show was AWESOME! Kids had a great time and told me I was the best dad in the world several times! We'll definitely remember this for the rest of our lives. My wife and I joked that we were much older when we went to our first concert. I was 13 and my wife was 16.

I know many here probably won't know who Imagine Dragons are. They probably have 6 or 7 top 40 songs.

It's Time

Radioactive

Whatever it takes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1967Goat,

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Good for you and your boys.

Red Rocks is the absolute #1 concert venue I have ever been to - and all I’ve done is seen Rush there a number of years ago.

Just an amazing place, and the museum at the top is too cool - pretty much anybody who was/is anybody has played there.

I got to prep for my concert at the Golden City Brewery. Good to have friends in Golden and at Mines.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like they had a good time. Cool that you were able to take them to that. I've never heard of the band and I certainly didn't have my own taste in music at that age but my parents took my brother and I to concerts when we were your boys age and it definitely made an impression on me. Building an appreciation of music into a kid at a young age is probably one of the best things you can do to make a connection with them assuming you're able to find common ground with bands/genres.

But damn, $90 for a ticket? Granted the last time I went to a concert was like 2005 but I think my ticket was like $30.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. My daughters love Imagine Dragons too...especially the oldest.

Re. cost. Prices depend on the show, and seating of course. The most I've paid to go to Red Rocks is probably $60ish. Several shows were GA seating in the front and back with higher-priced reserved seats in the middle rows. Sometimes GA affords you a closer seat than reserved if you take the time to go in early. Each shows seating is specific in my experience. It's quite a majestic place and well worth the price of admission. Max capacity is around 10k so the shows are quite intimate feeling in comparison to much larger venues.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Nice! If I lived 10 minutes from Red Rocks, I'd be broke and destitute from buying tickets to concerts. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I was about that age when I saw my first concert,

The Osmonds,

we had nose bleed seats, they looked like ants on the stage,, but I remember enjoying it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post