SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Alert One, this is Eagle One
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alert One, this is Eagle One Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Splash the zeros. I say again, splash the zeros.

(What a great movie. I found it on Amazon Prime and watched it again.)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Eagle Control, Alert One. Splash two, repeat, splash two. Possibly one survivor in the water.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Your code is "Climb Mount Niitaka."
Niitakayama nobore!

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Charlie!

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmm. Contact.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why the hell are we playing with these guys?

With all the remakes that Hollywood is doing, what would this movie be like today?
You could make it a British film, where the new aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth goes through the portal and ends up off the coast of Singapore Dec 9, 1941 right before the Japanese sink the British Force-Z Squadron, 1 battleship, 1 battlecruiser, 4 destroyers, all by airpower.

or,

A US attack submarine goes through the portal and ends up off the coast of Hawaii Dec 6, 1941.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I know I've had to have seen this movie but I sure don't remember seeing it...

I guess that means I will have to watch it (again?)

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Navy guys - a question.

In the Army - a commander is always -6. For instance Black 6, Bulldog 6, Raven 6 or whatever.

Does the Navy have a similar 'number' to designate the commander?

If the same conversation happened in the Army - it would be 'Alert 1, this is Eagle 6 - splash the Zeroes...'

Great scene no doubt.

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I saw it at age 11, w/ my friend and his Navy dad. His dad tried to explain the ending w/ the limo to us be we couldn't quite grasp the implications of time travel.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two Trophy Class Mitsubishi A6Ms in original condition, complete with all markings. I mean, they look brand new sir

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
That was an awesome movie! Loved the dog fighting scenes with the F-14s.

JP

Posts: 2046 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

IIRC, it's designated by "actual". As in "this is Nimitz Actual"

And what a great cast in this movie. Love it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

And what a great cast in this movie. Love it.

Not quite, (apples/oranges) “actual” means you are speaking to the commander and not his RTO or a staff member. What their call sign is is different, the call sign is the position. For example, I was “Cynic 06” in Iraq which was C Co commander. Someone can call Cynic 06 and get my RTO who can give them the info they need, he would say this is “Cynic 06 Romeo” so they knew they were speaking to my RTO, not me.

We don’t typically say “actual” except when asking the person on the other end to get the “actual” commander on the horn. “I need to speak to Cynic 06 actual” “Roger” “This is Cynic 06 actual” “Roger Cynic 06, we have...”. Note how it just goes back to the call sign sans “actual” after that confirmation and a commander making a call isn’t gonna say “actual” either, they just use their call sign.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
"Ahhh, Black Cloud, you've been doing unauthorized rain dances again."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

Saw the "Actual" designation in a few books. It took me a while to figure out what it meant.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I'm talking about the classic paradox of time. Imagine, for example, I go back in time and meet my own Grandfather. Long before he got married, before he had children. And we have an argument, and I kill him. Now if that happens, how am I ever going to be born? And if I can never be born, how can I go back in history and meet my very own Grandfather?

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
CQB60, you have simply changed / created one possible alternative timeline. The one where you existed still exists as do a million trillion other timelines universes where other decisions have been made. There are and are not a million trillion you’s

That’s my quantum take on things anyway. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
CQB60, you have simply changed / created one possible alternative timeline. The one where you existed still exists as do a million trillion other timelines universes where other decisions have been made. There are and are not a million trillion you’s

That’s my quantum take on things anyway. Smile

That is a Martin Sheen quote from the movie.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God really. It’s been forever since I have seen this movie. I have to watch it again.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Final Countdown 1980
Watch here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ixuwv
Free, full screen, 480p

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16182 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post