SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Madame Secretary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Madame Secretary Login/Join 
Picture of JR78
posted
I enjoy the show. Sometimes a little dramatic, but enjoyable. I often think this is what West Wing wanted to be.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My wife loves both Madame Secretary and The West Wing.

I don't pay real close attention to either, but from what I've seen of each, The West Wing appears to be the better written/acted show.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
"Circumnavigate." Roll Eyes

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I watch it from time to time.

The stories are too neatly wrapped for me. Like last night, were it not for the philandering admiral and the resulting 2 minute delay, the US would have started MAD.

But there wasn't any real tension in the story. It was all an easy lob set up for the Secretary to propose doing away with the nuclear response system.

Then there's the obvious tie-in to Hillary Clinton in real life. And last night's episode ended with her deciding to run for President in the future. The question is will she win in the show or do they reflect real life?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
This is what dems/commies would like you to think this is the kind of 'get her done stuff' hrc did while she was sec. when all she did was a whole lot of travel with nothing to show for it except carbon emissions at a monstrous cost to us taxpayers.

It's a wonder a. gore didn't give her hell for it, but given he does the same, he would sound even more hypocritical than he is...

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
The show has turned 100% liberal, including a cross-dressing lesbian. Hillary clone TV

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
The show has turned 100% liberal, including a cross-dressing lesbian. Hillary clone TV

Agree 100%. It started out ok but has gone downhill. It's now totally Libtard.

I enjoyed the West Wing.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
My wife loves both Madame Secretary and The West Wing.

I don't pay real close attention to either, but from what I've seen of each, The West Wing appears to be the better written/acted show.

True, on both accounts.

West Wing is Sorkin, a much better writer. And despite the left leaning nature of West Wing much of it was quite good.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:

Agree 100%. It started out ok but has gone downhill. It's now totally Libtard.

I enjoyed the West Wing.
Mike

My thoughts exactly. It's well written but the story lines are pure liberal BS.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly. Why I refuse to waste my time on it. Fuck Liberal Hollywood.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No thank you, just the title makes me think HRC and that is enough to ..... Mad

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
If Hillary could have been even one fourth as smart and competent as the lead character on the show she might have done better.

I never watched the show then started watching it on Netflix. It's not that bad. First season was actually fun to watch with the way she was thrust into a job that was immensely over her head.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The show has turned 100% liberal...

Yep. Mrs. Sigmund watches, and I occasionally pass thru the room. Several months the plot was a president going mad (gee, I wonder why they came up with that...), and only SecState could stop him from destroying the world! Turns out he had some kind of brain tumor and took a medical leave of absence. Another win for Madame Secretary!!

My sample size is one, but that was liberal garbage.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Libtard plots or not, Tea Leoni is MILFtastic.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Never watched it after reading a comment made by one of it's producers. Something like it being a great tribute to Hillary. No thanks.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post