SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Detectorists on PBS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detectorists on PBS Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
Anyone else find "Detectorists" on PBS entertaining?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
There was a thread here a few months back that turned me on to it. It was an "interesting" show, in a good way. It was kinda slow and semi-boring at times but even then still feel impelled to watch. Over all I liked it, but you definitely need to understand and like British humour to appreciate the show.

BTW it's available on Netflix and Amazon for streaming if you don't want to wait week by week

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I like Aimee-Ffion Edwards.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
The Holy Grail of metal detecting IS the Holy Grail!!!Brilliant stuff.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
"Metal Detectors"?

"Detectorists"!

Did enjoy the episode at the end of Season two , when Lance found the gold....VERY well done.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I loved it. I hope they do another season.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Season three IS on the way.

Apparently it's popular on the BBC in Great Britain, and has a following. Mackenzie Crook, who plays Lance, has received a few awards for the Show and his writing as well.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I like Aimee-Ffion Edwards.

Quirky looks, but great in the role.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
The BEEB made a Christmas Special, a one off episode, I saw it on the BBC cos I can get the BBC live with my IP address hider.Look for it.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Rachael Stirling is Diana Rigg's daughter, and is quite lovely.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but season 3 is on Amazon Prime.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
hoopla has three seasons if you have a library card

- - -

Hi.

Hello.

I saw you in the field earlier. Sorry to interrupt, but are you metal detectors?

No my dear. This, is a metal detector. We are metal detectorists.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I find it odd and interesting.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tks for the heads up on Hoopla. Just watched season 3 ep. 1. Had been looking for a way to watch this series for awhile. Amazon Prime has it but have to join Acorn (trial) for it.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both enjoyed the series. Great actors giving a very interesting spin on both the subject matter (searching for history with metal detectors) and those engaged in the hobby.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a dry witty humor and I like the show a little bit. Worth Acorn for it, or at least I think so.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Brilliant dry humor The holy Grail speech is wicked!!!

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG