SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Don Imus has died at 79.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don Imus has died at 79. Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted
Love him or hate him, he at least was entertaining to listen to. He had some epic shows for sure.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/ente...p7BZ?ocid=spartanntp

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imus could be a pain in the butt. I was turned off the morning he let himself be shown during a commercial, walking around with a pistol in a hip holster. It was like
"Look at me. I live in New York and I'm so important I have a carry permit." The only reason I ever watched was to see what McGuirk would say, particularly his continued reference to Serena Williams as Serena Holyfield.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
I thought he was pretty funny in his very early years, but he devolved as fame and substance abuse took over his life. The "nappy headed hoes" comment was the end professionally. He did some good work with disadvantaged kids at the Imus Ranch in NM.

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post