SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What’s Your Favorite Original Score Movie Sountracks?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s Your Favorite Original Score Movie Sountracks? Login/Join 
Picture of 229DAK
posted
I am not talking about movie scores like Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Officer and a Gentleman or Footloose – these are conglomerations of other songs by various artists. I am looking for original movie scores. Some of my favorites to listen to in no order:

The Avengers
Conan the Barbarian
Jurassic Park
The Mummy Returns
True Lies
Thor
Titanic

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
"Jaws"

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to Howard Shore's score for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SBQvd6vY9s

And while it's not a score to a movie, I also love Jeremy Soule's score for the older Icewind Dale PC game.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKGsmjbq2w

Jeremy Soule would go on to do the score for Skyrim, another outstanding video game score.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQeIYVM3YBM

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head...

Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Mr. Holland's Opus - An American Symphony
Gladiator
Braveheart
GWTW

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Last of the Mohicans

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Blade Runner
1492 - Conquest of Paradise

Both, incidentally, by Vangelis (who won an Oscar for Chariots of Fire)

Honorable mention to Koyaanisqatsi. Soundtrack by Philip Glass

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I kind of liked Woodstock, too. But the score WAS the movie. Or vice-versa.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
we've done this a few times. Here are a lot of good ones. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3580067834/p/1

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Crimson Tide
Hunt for Red October
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Phantom Menace
Jurassic Park
Saving Private Ryan
E.T.
The Rock
Pacific Rim
The Lord of the Rings
The Incredibles
Midnight Special (but I’m biased because a friend of mine wrote for that score)

I could go on and on...I love film scores...and I’m fortunate to have conducted many of these in concert.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Godfather

The Magnificent Seven

Dirty Harry

The Odd Couple

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Main theme from the James Bond movies.
Sons of Katie Elder.
Saving Private Ryan.
The Longest Day.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Last of the Mohicans
Gettysburg

Posts: 3656 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The Magnificent 7. The Godfather. But my all time favorite is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Ennio Morricone was one talented composer.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Tron Legacy and my favorite is probably Meet Joe Black

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Highly underrated, but the Aliens soundtrack deserves a mention.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I know it’s not what you are really looking for but......

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Is one of my favorites. Lots of great back ground music.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
From the series Cosmos

Vangelis - Alpha

"Star stuff, the ash of stellar alchemy, had emerged...into consciousness." - Carl Sagan

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thief

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
[i]Blade Runner

+1

Edit to add: I also am partial to Isao Tomita's "Snowflakes are Dancing" primarily because of Arabesque No. 1 being the soundtrack to "Jack Horkheimer: Star Hustler/Star Gazer". I have a soft spot for the era of PBS when it wasn't quite so rabidly liberal; i.e., my formative years.

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
The Last Samurai

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post