SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What does it mean when you say "I've being John Hammond"?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does it mean when you say "I've being John Hammond"? Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
What does it mean when you say "I've been John Hammond"?

I know who he is, from Jurassic Park, but I heard a British speaker say this the other day. Is it a British colloquialism?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
A guess would be, with the intention of doing good, being spectacularly wrong and with poor or even tragic results.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Or, out-smarted by a stupid person (animal).

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Have never heard nor seen the phrase.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
A guess would be, with the intention of doing good, being spectacularly wrong and with poor or even tragic results.

I've not heard it used but this makes sense to me.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been John Hammond

Perhaps it means you've been changed...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YcgUB17wWs

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Ok here is the reference. This is a 'youtuber' and he is doing a live stream from gamescon. His wife took over the stream for a quick break and when he comes back she had nerfed his tank. so when he discovers what has happened, he says, "I've been John Hammond"

Sorry it took me awhile to track it down where I had seen it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post