SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    13 Assassins (十三人の刺客)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

13 Assassins (十三人の刺客) Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Don't know how I missed this one. Winner of numerous awards, including an astounding Rotten Tomatoes of 96%. A cross of Seven Samurai, Ran, and 300 with a healthy dose of The A-Team and a bit of Black Hawk Down. The final battle scene is a heart-pumping 45 minutes long.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
Is this playing on any of the streaming services?

Where did you find it?

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is thos the one were the battle scene is in a village?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stu1000rr:

Where did you find it?

Apple TV

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Is thos the one were the battle scene is in a village?

That's the one.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stu1000rr:

Where did you find it?
amazon, vudu... justwatch listing

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a good one.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I watch this two or more times a year. It's great.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, definitely a great movie and worth a watch if you enjoy the genre.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the fuck outta that genre. I'll be settling in tonight with a good cigar and some adult beverage. Thanks for the heads up, I missed hearing about this one when it was first released.

When I die and go to hell, I hope that Akira Kurosawa will be my roommate.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^

Smile

Yeah it's a good one. That battle is legitimately epic.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I realized after not being able to stream it for free yesterday that this is one of the few films I want to own. Totally worth it.

Jim, did you end up settling in with that cigar and bourbon for some epic beheadings? What did you think?

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Indeed I did and enjoyed the movie immensely.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Glad to hear it. I need to just go ahead and order the blu-ray.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Not gonna say it was violent, but a lot of people really got their feelings hurt. Smile

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Lmao! Yeah, that’s a way to put it! Big Grin

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Taking a break from the insanity. iTunes suddenly has a bucketload of quality Samurai flicks.

13 Assassins on the docket for tonight, and then 7 Samurai and Ran tomorrow afternoon!

One of the greatest scenes in movies right here....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to get around to Ran one of these days. Loves me some Kurosawa. Dude was brilliant.

13 Assassins was a great movie as well.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m assuming this thread is from a different year, it has been a while so I think it is time for another viewing of 13 Assassins, tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I love this movie.

MINOR SPOILER

I love how inhumane and inhuman the antagonist is up until the very moment he is cut, and then how vividly his world shatters. That actor did a splendid job, IMO.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post