SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed? Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Hunted on cinemax just watched season one on amazon. Sadly no season 2.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Another great pull! (And another one my wife and I loved that didn’t last)

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Wonderful:
Terriers! I really thought that show had great potential. It starred Donal Logue. I read somewhere that the reason it failed was because of the title of the show. Roll Eyes

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
+1 on Harsh Realm

There were a couple "summer replacements" some time in the 90s I liked:

South Beach
Mann & Machine

(Someone mentioned The Brave. Is that getting cut? I think that beats its competition, Seal Team, by a lot.)

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
There was one called "The Finder", about a vet whose war wound left him with a (mild) supernatural power to find things.

It was entertaining, and had some potential, and the final episode left a lot of open threads that were clearly intended to go into the second seaspon's story arc.

I'd have liked to see another season. Too bad it was cancelled.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stingray with Nick Mancuso. The DVDs really messed up the music, because few shows then thought far enough ahead for licensing to include home video.

Posts: 506 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firefly
Almost Human
The Grinder

At least the Grinder season 1 is on Hulu now.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
Animal House

Posts: 315 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fox Force Five, never made it past its pilot episode. Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Firefly
The Unusuals

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I knew I watched very little series TV, but I never realized HOW little; I only recognized a couple of those shows.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The Immortal

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Mr. Lucky - 1958 with John Vivian & Ross Martin.

Yeah I know, I'm Old.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:

Yeah I know, I'm Old.

That show only lasted a year? I could swear it went longer, and I still remember the theme song. For those who never heard it, or don't connect with it, enjoy:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:

Yeah I know, I'm Old.

That show only lasted a year? I could swear it went longer, and I still remember the theme song. For those who never heard it, or don't connect with it, enjoy:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x9-8Wxv6m2k" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

34 episodes between 1959 & 1960

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Dig. About an FBI agent stationed in Jeruselum.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Life on Mars. Until this thread, I had forgotten all about that show. I liked it.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
Dig. About an FBI agent stationed in Jeruselum.

I remember that one. It taught me that if I want to stab somebody to death, stick the knife into his Adams Apple and twist! Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Crusade, the spinoff to Babylon 5. It was a political assassination by TNT after they decided they wanted nothing to do with Babylon 5 to the point of trying to sabotage episodes to Galactica: 1980 levels of quality.

Speaking of which, could the original Battlestar Galactica count, or are we stuck calling G:1980 as Season 2?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
This isn't a serious nomination, but gets an honorable mention for the name of the show, the name of the lead actor, and the promo photo:

Simon MacCorkindale in Manimal (1983)

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The latest V reboot - dang I miss that show. Really liked it.

The Chicago Code - I don't normally like cop shows but this one interested me from the beginning. Too bad it dealt with Chicago corruption and they couldn't have that on tv at the time could they. Roll Eyes

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post