SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed? Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Here is an old one. About a boys home and justice.

The Hat Squad
I actually watched it while I was an undergrad and really liked it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Has anyone mentioned the Green Hornet with Bruce Lee and Van Williams? The Bruce Lee scenes made the show worth watching

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I'm an old goat, and not much of a TV watcher these days; but to go back to the 80's..."Police Squad!" Lasted half a season.

Was that the show with Leslie Nielsen? It was like a prequel to the Naked Gun movies.

Yes, it was. Other folks have mentioned shows that I could have sworn lasted longer like "Call To Glory" with Craig T. Nelson.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Another vote for "The Adventures Of Briscoe County, Jr." Bruce is Bruce, but Kelly Rutherford could make a cynic believe in blondes again.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
Playmakers. It was produced by ESPN back when ESPN didn't suck. The NFL strong armed them into shutting it down because the show's storylines included spousal abuse, drug abuse, gang ties, more drug abuse, gays in the NFL, gold digging baby mama's, more drug abuse, murder, stripclubs, one night stand abortion, abuse of gays in the NFL, performance enhancing drug abuse and CTE/PTSD from paralyzing players. The NFL claimed it wasn't an accurate reflection of its organization yet the only thing the show hadn't predicted was kneeling for the anthem. You can watch the episodes on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/result...rch_query=playmakers

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Police Squad!

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Tales of the Gold Monkey is my vote. I love that Grumman Goose. Wish I had a pilots license.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
^ Loved it at the time, but it ran out of steam before the end of the first season.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
This may be obscure but I just remembered it - The Fades.

Ran on BBC America IIRC.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firefly
The Last Ship
Last Resort

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
Firefly
The Last Ship
Last Resort

The last ship has been on at least three seasons and I was unaware that it was cancelled if it was.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember, Combat Missions, with Rudy Boesch from Surviver?

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Not even one season, Maximum Bob.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Soldier of Fortune, Inc. (Well, I think it went 2 seasons, but I wanted more.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone missing Concrete cowboys w/ Jerry reed?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_Cowboys

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGlord
posted Hide Post

Posts: 405 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
LA to Vegas.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Crossing on ABC. I thought it was great. Really disappointed it wasn't renewed.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Quark

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Since this thread popped back up, I’d also have to vote for Robbery/Homicide Division. Was produced and directed by Michael Mann.

It tanked when Tom Sizemore when back to prison.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post