SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed? Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Vegas (the one with Dennis Quaid)

Life on Mars

Ascension

The Brave (looks like it is one & done)

Better Off Ted

Life on Mars.. Yes. I couldn't remember the name of that one. I enjoyed it

the UK original version is 2 seasons, and available in the US on DVD, and 100000000x's better than the US version,

the follow up series, Ashes to Ashes is 3 seasons, and unfortunately not available in the US,

bought my copy from amazon uk and a region free dvd player to watch it

Gene Genie is the bomb

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest "V" reboot
Flash Forward
Monday Mornings

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Bruce Campbell being Bruce Campbell, 'nuf said.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Bruce Campbell being Bruce Campbell, 'nuf said.

For some odd reason, I always thought that series lasted 2 seasons. Love some Bruce Campbell.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
Keen Eddie again... I've bought the entire season DVDs twice...as I lent them to someone and never saw them again.

Featured a very young Sienna Miller.

DVDs don't capture the show as well since they cheaped out and didn't buy the rights to the original music.

A very stunning Sienna Miller.

And of course, Miss Moneypenny. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

Gene Genie is the bomb

Philip Glenister.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firefly and Almost Human for sure

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
For me, the most recent, according to rumors, would be "The Brave". Good show!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
geez, I searched all of the one season tv shows of the 60's-90's.
all I could come up with was Chopper One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMTpIHRK-A
and
240 robert ( 16 episodes )
almost one season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNphQZNSQtc

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
"Call to Glory"

The first few episodes of that show, especially the pilot was great. Despite doing well in the ratings the network screwed over production for the last half of the season, and quality suffered (with a decline in ratings) leading up to it's cancellation.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Brimstone

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This one only lasted as a miniseries that was supposed to become a regular series but I thought they'd give it a couple years as a series, sadly never happened:

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then Came Bronson. Michael Parks wandering around on his custom-built motorcycle.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
T.H.E. Cat, starring Robert Loggia 1966-1967. For those who've never seen, nor heard of it. Loggia is a former high-wire, circus performer. Along with being a retired, notorious jewel-thief. Thomas Hewitt Edward Cat; in the series, [being totally reformed] he now works as a skilled bodyguard, and a police-consultant for R. G. Armstrong, the local police captain. Most of the episodes, are filmed at night, to add to the show's stealthy-vibe. T.H.E. Cat frequents a local jazz venue, known as the Casa del Gato owned by his best friend; a Gypsy, named Pepe [Robert Carricart]. A lot of the action centers around the hip club. Many of the episodes; featured future stars like Robert Duval, William Daniels, and Henry Darrow. Series had a great early score penned by none-other, than Lalo Schifrin.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:
Mr. Lucky - 1958 with John Vivian & Ross Martin.

Yeah I know, I'm Old.

That show only lasted a year? I could swear it went longer, and I still remember the theme song. For those who never heard it, or don't connect with it, enjoy:

Cool show, and a nice interplay between Mr. Lucky and Andamo. Memorable Henry Mancini theme.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I'm an old goat, and not much of a TV watcher these days; but to go back to the 80's..."Police Squad!" Lasted half a season.

Was that the show with Leslie Nielsen? It was like a prequel to the Naked Gun movies.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighthouse Keeper
posted Hide Post
Yet another vote for Firefly.

There was a sitcom back in ‘99 or ‘00 called Stark Raving Mad, with Tony Shaloub and Neil Patrick Harris. I remember it was funny, and I was let down that it only had one season.

Posts: 839 | Location: America's High-Five | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Key West
Copper (that actually went two seasons)

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Can’t believe no one has mentioned Journeyman
I am pretty sure the pulled it without finishing the 1st season.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0948538/?ref=m_nv_sr_2

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This one only lasted as a miniseries that was supposed to become a regular series but I thought they'd give it a couple years as a series, sadly never happened:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="297" width="475"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AJqQ4OdPcAo&showsearch=0&rel=0&fs=1&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" /><param value="window" /><param value="true" /><embed allowScriptAccess="never" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="297" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AJqQ4OdPcAo&showsearch=0&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" width="475"></embed></object>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Yep. I thought it was great and had multiple opportunities for the storyline to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
don't know how I could have forgotten Earth 2.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post