SIGforum
TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed?

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3430002734

February 11, 2018, 09:26 PM
apprentice
TV shows that lasted one season or less, which you wish would have been renewed?
Bionic Woman (2007)

Terra Nova

Intruders Although I think it wrapped up OK at the end of the season.

Outcasts
February 13, 2018, 07:40 AM
just1tym
Yes, of course "V" and Firefly but I remember following another sci-fi show that went away also was Falling Skies, I liked it as another alien thriller.


Regards, Will G.
February 13, 2018, 09:17 AM
PHPaul
Another vote for The Finder and Vegas.

Discovered both on Netflix, didn't realize they were broadcast TV series. Haven't watched TV since I got DSL and discovered online streaming...




Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
February 13, 2018, 10:53 AM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Bionic Woman (2007)

Terra Nova

Intruders Although I think it wrapped up OK at the end of the season.

Outcasts


Now that was a good show also. I forgot that one!


Regards, Will G.
February 13, 2018, 06:04 PM
cas
Gemini Man and The Man From Atlantis!



No not really, I only have the slightest recollections of them as a kid. But if you'd asked me this question around 1980.... Smile


_____________________________________________________
Sliced bread, the greatest thing since the 1911.

February 13, 2018, 09:50 PM
bashman
Alcatraz - Fox show from about 5 years ago
Harper's Ferry - CBS show from about 12 years ago


A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.
February 13, 2018, 10:04 PM
Tommydogg
Kolshack The Night Stalker. At least they should have let it go through season one. They killed it right in the middle of a two part episode.


___________________________
"I Get It Now"

Beth Greene
February 13, 2018, 10:05 PM
Chach
Being that today is the anniversary of the airing of the finale, Constantine.

Though there will be an animated series that picks up where the live action one left off and the character has appeared on Arrow and now Legends if Tomorrow


_________________________
- El Guapo
www.fotki.com/chach


February 13, 2018, 11:33 PM
10X-Shooter
Firefly
February 14, 2018, 10:32 AM
Jus228
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Yes, of course "V" and Firefly but I remember following another sci-fi show that went away also was Falling Skies, I liked it as another alien thriller.


Falling Skies had promise but they kind of ran it into the ground and it was a relief when it was over. They had 5 seasons too so not in the spirit of this thread.


!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
February 16, 2018, 01:38 AM
Prefontaine
John from Cincinnati

Magic City



Do you think they should deserve to die?
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
February 16, 2018, 08:18 AM
SpinZone
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Bionic Woman (2007)

Terra Nova

Intruders Although I think it wrapped up OK at the end of the season.

Outcasts


Now that was a good show also. I forgot that one!


I forgot about this one as well.



“Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat.” - Vince Vaughn

February 16, 2018, 08:44 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Kolshack The Night Stalker. At least they should have let it go through season one. They killed it right in the middle of a two part episode.
The grandfather of the X-Files!
February 16, 2018, 08:51 AM
smschulz
Apparently the list has already been compiled (top 100).

https://www.ranker.com/crowdra...ason-cancelled-shows

One I saw that surprised me was the original Gidget with Sally Field. Eek
February 16, 2018, 01:22 PM
cazio
Backstrom, The Finder and Briscoe County Jr all funny and decent shows.


It's kids like you, who make this bus late.
February 16, 2018, 02:34 PM
StarTraveler
I only have the DVDs from three series, all of which qualify:



I've been writing fanfiction stories as a hobby for the original BSG for some years and recently started my first Brisco story. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like many people remember that series.


***

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca
February 16, 2018, 04:13 PM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Yes, of course "V" and Firefly but I remember following another sci-fi show that went away also was Falling Skies, I liked it as another alien thriller.


Falling Skies had promise but they kind of ran it into the ground and it was a relief when it was over. They had 5 seasons too so not in the spirit of this thread.


Yes, you're correct. It was in fact so long ago I forgot about much of the show because I watched so many of the reruns. I quickly searched and saw Rotten Tomatoes had a write up about season 1 episodes and didn't see anything after that so I was thinking it only ran for a short period of time but stretched out because of reruns. When reading Wikipedia I see that it ran from 2011-2014...my bad Frown and I did a quick search without reading other links..Sorry about in not "keeping with the spirit" of the thread, I honestly missed that one.

I did like the show too but quit watching because of the too many reruns.


Regards, Will G.
February 17, 2018, 04:07 PM
WaterburyBob
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Apparently the list has already been compiled (top 100).

https://www.ranker.com/crowdra...ason-cancelled-shows

One I saw that surprised me was the original Gidget with Sally Field. Eek
I read through the list. I loved "The Time Tunnel" - I was about 12 at the time. I didn't remember that it only lasted one season.

I watched "New Amsterdam" and liked it at the time.



"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards
February 18, 2018, 06:44 PM
RichN
I just thought of another one, Cliffhangers. Each episode had three different stories in progress. One was a Dracula story. One was some sort of science fiction, and I don't remember what the third one was.


------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
February 18, 2018, 07:35 PM
IndyRob
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
I just thought of another one, Cliffhangers. Each episode had three different stories in progress. One was a Dracula story. One was some sort of science fiction, and I don't remember what the third one was.


One of the episodes was called The Secret Empire about a Western Sheriff finding a secret underground city. The other was called Stop Susan Williams starring Susan Anton http://www.bellazon.com/main/u...37737-1284413936.jpg