Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Duvall Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I was in Atlanta Hartsfield Airport, Memorial Day, 1996. I saw this guy about 20 feet away. He had his back to me. I told my girlfriend (soon to be wife) "Hey, that looks just like the back of Robert Duvall's head."
She laughed. The guy turned toward us and walked right at us. It was Robert Duvall. He seemed to be in a hurry, so as he walked past, I said quietly "Mister Duvall."
I could tell he didn't want to be noticed because he smiled and said very quietly out of the corner of his mouth "Hey, how ya doin'?"

It looked like he was trying to catch a connecting flight. I didn't bother him.

Classy. He might just still remember that. Much better than "hey Boo". Sounds like he might have been wrapping up Slingblade. He and Billy Bob exchanged favors in their roles in Slingblade and The Apostle.

Oh, another good one is Get Low.

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After watching Open Range several times and realizing what a national treasure he is, I resolved to seek out other films of his. Unfortunately, the next one I watched was Assassination Tango, which I thought was horrible. I said it shows what happens, when you become so powerful in Hollywood, that they let you cast your girlfriend in the picture. As it happens, Duvall and the girlfriend are big fans of tango dancing. A patient of mine used to participate in tango competitions held in the barn he built on his farm for that purpose.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I definitely can't pick just one. Falling Down, Tender Mercies and The Great Santini are my favorites.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Days of Thunder is a movie I enjoyed him in.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too many good choices but I wanted to post this because we see Duvall mostly in variations of his own character, but here he is in The Eagle has Landed, and while we still see his mannerisms, Duvall is more immersed in the character than usual.

That is one of my favorite scenes from that movie, I shamelessly stole the “wink from a pretty girl” line and have used it more than once. I like the slightly fussy courtly mannerisms he uses, down to the checking that his tunic, medals and eyepiece are as they should be just before the firing squad executes him.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
One of the 1st shows ( perhaps THE 1st) where I saw Robert Duvall .... a Route 66 episode . Way back when I was a mere pup.
I have always enjoyed his professionalism. His critics were few. I am prolly his biggest fan.
He seriously took up Tango Dancing... late in life.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too many good choices but I wanted to post this because we see Duvall mostly in variations of his own character, but here he is in The Eagle has Landed, and while we still see his mannerisms, Duvall is more immersed in the character than usual.

Wow. The wave of the right arm. Augustus McCrae did that time and time again.

Posts: 13257 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Every time I see Mr. Duvall, I see Augustus McCrae.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I really liked him in Open Range and Rooster Cogburn. Didn't know he played in all the other stuff.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
quote:
I was in Atlanta Hartsfield Airport, Memorial Day, 1996. I saw this guy about 20 feet away. He had his back to me. I told my girlfriend (soon to be wife) "Hey, that looks just like the back of Robert Duvall's head."
She laughed. The guy turned toward us and walked right at us. It was Robert Duvall. He seemed to be in a hurry, so as he walked past, I said quietly "Mister Duvall."
I could tell he didn't want to be noticed because he smiled and said very quietly out of the corner of his mouth "Hey, how ya doin'?"

It looked like he was trying to catch a connecting flight. I didn't bother him.

Classy. He might just still remember that. Much better than "hey Boo". Sounds like he might have been wrapping up Slingblade. He and Billy Bob exchanged favors in their roles in Slingblade and The Apostle.

Oh, another good one is Get Low.

Get Low is one of my favorite movies.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post