Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Duvall Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
From To Kill A Mockingbird to the upcoming Widows. Hell of a resume. What is your favorite? Currently watching Secondhand Lions. It didn't get as much attention as Open Range but worth a look.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Secondhand Lions at lot. And Duvall was at his best in Lonesome Dove.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Loved him in THE APOSTLE.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Mind your business red nose and play ball."

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."

of course this

Colonel Bill Kilgore is a personal hero of mine.

'...about a mile out we put on the music...'

'what's the name of that village?? Vin Din Dop... or Lop ??'

----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
His role as Consigliere in The Godfather movies..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The Great Santini

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Probably Gus in Lonesome Dove, but I also agree with CQB60 about his role as Tom Hagen.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I haven't yet seen The Apostle , but intend to.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Cattle dog and horse lovers really like Robert Duvall. He owns several of both - his Facebook page is filled with them:

https://www.facebook.com/RobertDuvallOfficial/

Our entire Facebook feed is cattle dogs (heelers) and horses, so he is well regarded. He seems like a pretty good guy - he's got a beautiful farm in Virginia.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have liked every movie he has starred in...especially the westerns, open Range and Lonesome Dove. There was a movie out years ago, Assassination Tango , where he plays a hit man sent to Argentina to kill a corrupt General, that I enjoyed even though the reviews on the movie were meh...

Another one was Tomorrow ...a somewhat offbeat low key movie from back in the 70s...

Even the small part he played in Slingblade as Karl Childer's crazy assed dad was perfect...he is one of the greats.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night in Mexico was cool along with his appearance in Jack Reacher. Man is an animal! Second Hand Lions is classic though... what every boy needs to know to become a man! Ha
Corn corn corn, guess that salesman saw us coming... no saw you comin’!

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The Man Who Captured Eichmann.

Perhaps not one of his best.

I have always liked Robert Duvall, from watching him on Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
He done good in Days of Thunder and Open Range.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
My earliest memory of Duvall was his character THX in George Lucas' pre-SW epic dystopian film.
He is truly one of the greats.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Open Range. Lonesome Dove.
"I call that bold talk for a one eyed fat man"!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Loved him in THE APOSTLE.

Yes, that may be his best work.

But he always delivers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Open Range I enjoyed, as have the other movies mentioned.

Interesting tidbit, born in San Diego, his father was a admiral in the Navy and grew up in Annapolis but, ended up in the Army. Used his GI Bill to study acting in NYC along with fellow classmates, James Caan and Gene Hackman, and was roommates with Dustin Hoffman.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post