Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"9-1-1" on Fox Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
This show has been heavily promoted for months. Ryan Murphy as executive producer, why not give it a shot.

What I saw was lurid emergency calls, in between a soap opera involving unlikable characters, not dripping with PC, a veritable fire hose of it.

I gave up 2/3 through, deleted the recording and won't be back. Promise.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Pretty much every episode of "Rescue 911" is on Youtube. Shatner makes for cutting edge drama.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The premise is cool, but It was terrible; especially the 'baby down the drain' idea. I have to wonder if that really happened? Not sure how it could have survived though....nor that they'd find it alive.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
The premise is cool, but It was terrible; especially the 'baby down the drain' idea. I have to wonder if that really happened? Not sure how it could have survived though....nor that they'd find it alive.

Yeah, that was bad. Especially when the girl who put the baby down the drain suddenly showed that she cared right after that. For me, the worst was the asshat fireman that drove the truck around and screwed any loose woman he could find. Gets fired, as he should have been, but gets unfired after he took the truck again and foiled the home invaders. Gee, what an unforeseen ending that was. Roll Eyes

I never had any intention of watching the show but my wife was in charge of the remote and left it on that channel. I was just too lazy to get up and go to another room.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to watch, but...

...nah, you guys convinced me I did right.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
We watched it with hope it would be good. My wife and I both that it was awful in so many ways. I'll give it another week or two before putting it on our 'no watch' list.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post