SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Elf on the shelf ideas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elf on the shelf ideas? Login/Join 
posted
Anybody have any favorite Elf on the shelf ideas?

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
So I'm an ER nurse and we had an idea of a moral booster the other night, a variation of Elf on a Shelf, Drunk in a Bunk.

Staff loved it, management was not amused.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My work screen saver

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I hid ours on the blades of the ceiling fan one time - took the kids a long time to find him.

In the fridge/freezer.
deep inside the christmas tree.
riding the dog.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
I had my sons fishing from the fish tank.

Roasting marshmallows over the gas stove

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have filled the sink and had him floating in a Tupperware bowl

Rappelling down the cabinets

crashed his GI JOE plane into the tree

digging into bowls of candy

playing poker

popping out of cabinets, from behind pictures, etc

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
Sleeping in the dog's bed.

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
stuffed into the cookie/candy jar

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Hookers and blow.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Hookers and blow.

This is NEVER the wrong answer.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My exwife started doing that with the kids sometime ago. It didn't last long.
My daughter came home from school, saw it, fashioned a noose and hung the elf above the dining room table. My exwife blames me.

Someone at work is doing it. The elf got put in my mailbox so I bagged it in an evidence bag and tossed it above the cabinets.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post

Saw this one a while back and thought it was pretty funny. Would be awesome (but probably not popular with the kids) if the deer were Reindeer.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a pretty good one the other day. The elf's face was covered by a "Saw" doll mask. The elf was sitting on a toilet paper roller but instead of toilet paper, there was duct tape and a Sign saying "let's play a game".

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Hookers and blow.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do one of these
http://media.syracuse.com/movi...f02b4eb8720c880d.jpg

from the ceiling above his pillow.

for when he wakes up in the morning

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This took me hours, to find all the lego, heads, bodies, legs, weapons etc.

The kids freaked out.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife has informed me that I cannot let my dark humor out during EOS season. Roll Eyes

She did not appreciate the boy asking "Is the Elf dead Papa" Big Grin

"No, he is not dead, we woke up before the sour patch kids could light the fire"

In the elf's defense he did put up an epic fight, there were 10-15 sour patch kids impaled on toothpicks littering the living room floor.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
My favorite one my wife did this year was running thin white rope from the boys room, down the stairs and then to Spiderman suspended in air with one Web tying him to the wall, and the other had the elf completely wrapped in spider Web hanging upside down from the stairs banister. Wish I had a picture to show, be better than that description.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post