SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is the first video game you played that was at home (not at an arcade or something public)?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the first video game you played that was at home (not at an arcade or something public)? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Pong on another Atari clone "Telegames".
That was probably Sear's version.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
NES: Mario

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Atari home Pong console.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Atari Space Invaders I believe.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Commodore Vic 20 and "River Rescue".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Pong on the Odyssey. Then Combat on the 2600.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
The first computer game that I played was “Star Trek”, on a mainframe computer.

Oh, yeah, forgot about that one. Our "computer lab" at school was TTY connected remotely, no screen, the results all printed out on yellow roll paper.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Definitely Pong was the first.

After Pong, it was:

Coleco Telstar Arcade

and Atari 2600.

After the Atari, I was done with console gaming and was an Apple IIc gamer for a few years (Strike Fleet, Mech Brigade, and F15 Strike Eagle to name a few). Shortly after that, it was all PC (DOS/Win) gaming for many years.

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call of Duty: WWII. Which I just bought used at GameStop. Got an Xbox One for my B-Day last weekend. Never played or owned a game console before. I am now happily spraying Nazis with an MG42.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Pong, later Space Invaders then Pac Man.
Really got into Microsoft's Adventure IIRC. Not really a video game, though.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Colecovision Pong. Those were the days.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Super Mario Bros on the NES. It was either that or Duck Hunt. It's what everybody had at the time.

I do have a vivid memory of my parents putting on a little family party night some years before that. Dad made buffalo wings and they played Pong on an Atari 2600 they got used from someone. I might've been four years old or so. Honestly, I probably played Pong before Mario Bros, but I don't remember it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
COMBAT Atari 2600. Possibly Air Sea Battle was the second. There was a PAC-MAN in there somewhere too but COMBAT was the first.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
Pong. And I was an adult at the time! Roll Eyes
Then moved on to Pac-Man and Space Invaders.
I just went and checked, there's actually 2 Atari 2600s and a whole slew of games tucked away in a closet. I'm not even sure if they will connect to the TV we have now?

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
NES Mario/duck hunt

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayfox54:
Pong. And I was an adult at the time! Roll Eyes
Then moved on to Pac-Man and Space Invaders.
I just went and checked, there's actually 2 Atari 2600s and a whole slew of games tucked away in a closet. I'm not even sure if they will connect to the TV we have now?

You need to see what kind of prices those things are fetching nowadays. I feel like a retard for tossing my Super Nintendo after it got heat damaged living up in the attic after we moved. Just go look. You'll make all your money back adjusted for inflation and then some if it's all functional. There's a whole young generation who would read what you posted and be fighting off an anxiety attack trying to contact you to buy it all. Not kidding.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Pong, a neighbor brought it over, don't remember the system.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember the name but it involved farming on a TRS-80 loaded from a cassette tape. 1979 or so.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Pong.

On fast speed and narrow paddles sure took some mad skillz did it not? LOL!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I remember some old DOS tank game when my computer ran Windows 3.1. Number Munchers before that. I remember Sim isle booted off a 7.5” floppy. Lode Runner was on 5 3.5” floppy discs. Treasure Mountain and Treasure Cove. I played a ton of games when i was a kid - no telling what was first at this point.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post