SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is the first video game you played that was at home (not at an arcade or something public)?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the first video game you played that was at home (not at an arcade or something public)? Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Super Mario on NES!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, guess I'm the odd-man out. I'm in my seventies and have never played a video game at home or anywhere else.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Pong. We thought that was da' bomb.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
The first one I played was a basic program called "Hunt the Wampus". Was fun. Then, when I got my first PC, I bought a game where you would walk around a German castle and destroy guards. Can't remember the name of that one, but I got to the highest level (I was obsessed).

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Mario/Duck Hunt on the NES.

Or some game on the ole Apple IIGS. I recall a Space Invaders game for the old Apple.

Not quite sure which of those entered our house first, but it would have been around '87, maybe '88.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
My Dad was an early A/V nerd and a computer geek in general. He came home with this bad boy one day.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xDZgsyprAZ0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

We had that too. I remember my neighbor and I playing the baseball game, with the special controllers, for up to 20 hours straight. Those were the days.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
A Berserk clone on a Commodore 64 at a neighbor’s house after waiting 30 minutes for the program to load from a cassette.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Harpoon

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I once spent a few hours playing a game on my computer that was a shooting gallery with an Arab that popped up to be shot. This was many years ago and the picture quality was not super.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
The first game I played was pong. The first "console" was coleco Visions specifically the game "Venture"

The first computer game I played was F15 strike fighter.

The first online game I played caused the PC Gamer magazine to create the category of ONLINE Pc Game of the Year. It was called Cyberstrike.

I went on to be captain of the {{ShadowKnights}} and we were the most successful clan in the games long history.

I would bring the game back if I was a billionaire, outdated or not. It was the perfect pace of action with as much strategy and skill required. Twitch reflex gained you no advantage if you were too dumb to have awareness.

Ohhh I wish that game could come back.

{{Nemesis}} Only player to ever brake 225k bounty with 432k

You can all bow down to me now....

j/k...but the game really was great. At a time where only people who could afford 6 bucks an hour to play online, there was not much rubbish in the game communities.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Probably King's Quest.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Like many here, I think my brother and I cut our video game teeth on Pong with the Atari 2600.
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I once spent a few hours playing a game on my computer that was a shooting gallery with an Arab that popped up to be shot. This was many years ago and the picture quality was not super.

flashguy
That was a game where Osama Bin Laden owned a convenience store and had hostages. You had to shoot OBL and save the hostages. I would play that for a few hours a day. "[in heavy arab accent] Get out of my store!!" LMAO!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winter Games on a Commodore 64

winter-games_1 by kdrieber, on Flickr

winter_games_06 by kdrieber, on Flickr

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
The first one I played was a basic program called "Hunt the Wampus". Was fun. Then, when I got my first PC, I bought a game where you would walk around a German castle and destroy guards. Can't remember the name of that one, but I got to the highest level (I was obsessed).

Castle Wolfenstein?

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
It would have been on the Intellivision for sure. Maybe Burger Time.
Still have the Intellivision and close to 100 games for it.
The boxes for the games are long gone and probably only have about a quarter of the little controller cards that varied for each game.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
combat

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
quote:
Castle Wolfenstein?

YES!!!! That's the one! Thanks!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Atari 2600 - Combat (I believe that is the game that came with the set.) We bought about 15 other games and other controllers. Eventually it was all put in a box and stored. Surprisingly it survived several moves and yard sales. We dug it out a few years ago, everything still worked, and advertised it local. It sold it for $120 to a 30-ish gaming couple wanting to display some gaming history in their house. They were happy and we sure were too.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Pong. I’m old.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Pong. We thought that was da' bomb.

yep..same same

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post