SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is the first video game you played that was at home (not at an arcade or something public)?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the first video game you played that was at home (not at an arcade or something public)? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Beserker, Missile Command, Zork, Rogue, I remember a bunch of early games.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt combo cartridge on the NES.

Circa 1987ish.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Pong was the first video game I played at home.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Star Strike on an Intellivision

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Pong at a neighbors house.

When Atari came out we wanted it bad but our dad got the Magnavox copy. It just wasn’t the same as it didn’t have the processor the Atari systems had.

Found a pic. It was the Oddesey 2 system. The picture on the game box was always cooler than the game graphics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ugeesta,

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
This thread smells like old folks. Big Grin

Pong here as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Get off my God damn lawn!!!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Super Mario Brothers. The first one on NES.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I want to say it was PONG on an Atari that had battle tanks.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Atari 2600. Combat.

I sold off some NES stuff about 15 years ago and was shocked at what people were willing to pay.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
We had a dedicated PONG console, but I cant remember what it looked like. We then got an Atari 400. I've never met anyone else who had one of these. Not sure why my parents didn't get the Atari 2600 like the other normal parents did. Pac Man was the most popular game we had.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Battleship.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Pong, on the original two knob Pong console at a friend's house. Funny thing, it's the only home video game I've ever played. That version came out in 1972, and I was 7. I was probably 8 or 8 when I played it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donkey Kong on an Intellevision. Played the hell out of that game. Then racing and baseball.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Pong...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My Dad was an early A/V nerd and a computer geek in general. He came home with this bad boy one day.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Pong, then Load Runner and Zork on Commodore 64.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be a *Video* game? The first computer games I remember playing were text-based. One, I think it was called "Trucker" was written in BASIC. You could actually read (and change, if you wished!) the code to customize it. Then there were the games like Zork ("you were eaten by a grue").

My wife at the time worked for a startup company that produced "game modems" for the Commodore 64. You paid a subscription and the modem would dial into the company's host computer and you could download and play any game in the catalog. I remember PaperBoy, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Snake, Asteroids, Centipede and the like.

I got a Mac in 1984, and the graphics (and sound!) for games were awesome! Prince of Persia, 3in3, Crystal Quest, Arkanoid were some of the games I remember.

Then, I also got a PC, because I used one at work, and with it I played Art of War, Football, Leisure Suit Larry, Duke Nukem, and more. I sometimes wonder how I got any work done!

These days, I limit my game playing to my cell phone. Smile

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Intellevision. Whatever airplane game that said “Bombs away!”
IIRC, it required an add on device to the console. As a poor kid at a friends house well it was kind blowing back then.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Submarine, on a Magnavox Odyssey, in 1973.
Not mine - belonged to a kid in the neighborhood.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post