SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What do we like on Hulu Apple Netflix lately
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like on Hulu Apple Netflix lately Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
What type of movie/series IE drama action comedy etc

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been rewatching episodes of Burn Notice and The Unit, and Killing Eve. Original stuff as follows.
Dead To Me.
Another Life.
Travelers.
Black Mirror.
Just discovered Letterkenny. I have to turn on the sub titles to get some of the dialog.

I've been trying to get through Altered Carbon, but damn its brutal.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Have you seen Lilyhammer yet? (Netflix) it's an original.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Letterkenny is great, been watching it a bunch with the wife last month or so. It's light hearted watching and funny, might find yourself using some of their funny phrases. I've started saying, "How are ya now?" as my greeting to people. I just started Ozark couple days ago, seems good so far, more dark and drama like. If you are a fan of Breaking Bad and haven't seen El Camino, that was a good one to get a bit more closure on the series.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've started saying, "How are ya now?"

I had a friend whose greeting to everyone was, "How you doing otherwise?" And I think it's important to let you hear how it sounded from him:

Ha yew doon othawize?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Goliath season 3

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
I've started saying, "How are ya now?"

I had a friend whose greeting to everyone was, "How you doing otherwise?" And I think it's important to let you hear how it sounded from him:

Ha yew doon othawize?

Was he Canadian, by chance? Reading it again, maybe New York?

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ It was a Rhode Island accent, more like Boston than New York.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Ah I see, I'm not terribly proficient in accents

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We've been watching Schitt's Creek, a comedy starring Eugene Levy, his son Daniel Levy, Catherine O'Hara and Chris Elliot, it's pretty good:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schitt%27s_Creek#Main

If you haven't ever checked out Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld, that is pretty good too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Cars_Getting_Coffee

Both are on Netflix.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching the first 2 seasons of The Crown. Very enjoyable. Season 3 is out Nov 17.

Also started watching Ray Donovan. Just saw the first episode. Definitely has potential. I'll give it a couple more before making a decision.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Just watched Cargo, a Netflix original, and really enjoyed it. Also excited to see Atypical is back with season 3 on Friday.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Plus 1 on Letterkenny. If'n ya don't care for it then you need to go figure it out. Either that or I'll have to come over and have a talk with ya. Let that marinate a bit.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The Politician on Netflix is very good, especially if you enjoy dark humor!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Plus 1 on Letterkenny. If'n ya don't care for it then you need to go figure it out. Either that or I'll have to come over and have a talk with ya. Let that marinate a bit.

Take about 20 percent off there, Ryan.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Netflix
Spy (movie) we talked about it
Peaky Blinders (series)
Bad Blood (series, gangsters) Well done
Mind hunter (series)
Shimmer Lake (series)
You (series, different and a little dark)
Ozarks (series) hard to stop watching
Narcos if you haven't seen it and can deal with sub titles.

Amazon
Sneaky Pete (Series)
Bosch (series, several seasons)
suits (series)
Goliath (series several season)

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Travelers on Netflix was surprising good. I liked it. You must start with season 1 episode 1 to get it, but it's very good.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Another series I've finished that I really thought had the virtue of never being tried quite like this was Glitch. Don't know if its still on. Only when for two seasons. If heard rumors that a third is in production, but haven't really heard anything more. After checking up four or five episodes of season three is available on Netflix. Hot damn I've got something else to watch!

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished The Keepers on NetFlix.
Very good.
But if you are Catholic or Catholic schooled, you may not enjoy it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Travelers on Netflix was surprising good. I liked it. You must start with season 1 episode 1 to get it, but it's very good.

I agree.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post