SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones- I don't ever again want to hear another word about this show
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones- I don't ever again want to hear another word about this show Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I am so Goddamned FED UP with hearing about Game of Thrones every time I turn aroud.

WHO.

CARES???

It's a Goddamned TV show. Every fucking time I turn around, someone is shoe-horning this idiotic adult fantasy into a conversation. You would think that this play-pretend horse shit actually means something. Well, IT DOESN'T. It's a bunch of Hollywood assholes all getting together and playing dress-up. You like it? Fine, knock yourself out, but for God's sake, SHUT UP ABOUT IT.
I watched the first three episodes. It bored the fuck out of me, but apparently, for the rest of humanity, its words and pictures contain magical properties or some such shit. FFS!!!

Oh, some ESPN douchebag revealed some spoiler for this SPECIAL, SPECIAL show, live on the air, and now, people want to kill the guy. People are losing their minds over their favorite dress-up pretend fantasy. Why don't you kill the guy with your magical Game of Thrones sword, while wearing your SPECIAL, SPECIAL Game of Thrones tunic, while yelling WINTER IS HERE, BITCHES!! I can't get away from this stupid shit.

Fuck Game of Thrones. Fuck the creators. Fuck the writers. Fuck the actors, fuck the fans and the network that broadcasts this ENDLESS CRAP.

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Haha! I think the problem with some people is that they think the show is a documentary... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And oh, one of the SPECIAL, SPECIAL actors left a Starbucks cup on set and it got into a shot that made it to broadcast, and OOOOOOOOOOOH IT'S SO HORRIBLE THAT THE SPELL HAS BEEN BROKEN!!!

For God's sake.

Why do I even know about this particular incident? It means nothing to me. I certainly didn't seek it out. How do I know about it? BECAUSE IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!!

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Are you saying you didn't cry when the CGI dragons were killed?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I could erase this virus from the collective memory of society with the wave of my hand, it would be done. Every last speck of it gone, never existed.

People need to cut the shit and get a grip.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t this the show that had the head of George W. Bush on a pike a few years back?

I have never watched an episode of it. This type of show doesn’t appeal to me.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Compound Stupidity

Stupidity squared. My God. Pathetic Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
I wore earplugs in bed last night. My wife can't not watch the show. And it can't be watched at less than 100 decibels. I managed to fall asleep, but it was nothing but grunting and screaming; it sounded more like deliverance without the banjo.

I thought it was an old show that ended years ago; I had no idea it was still on, until my wife started binge watching and now the world comes to a screetching halt for it, a midevil walking dead soap opera for people without enough drama in their life.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The best part of the entire series is the close up CGI of the dragons in season 7, when Jon meets the dragons up close. Intellectually I know there aren't dragons (except Komodo dragons and a few other lizard species), but that one scene was so well done it was as if dragons became real for a few minutes.

Then last night's episode ruined the entire fucking story, all eight seasons of it, in under 30 minutes. The creative team jumped, no not a shark, a dragon. And tried to hump it to death. With an inflatable shark.

I'm done with GOT.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31422 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The fanaticism over GoT reminds me a bit of the absolute hysteria several years back over "Avatar".

I listen to folks go on and on over the characters, the storyline, etc, etc. They know this stuff to the most minute detail, yet I'd bet 90% have no idea whats going on in the world today.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am ignorant to the whole thing. I know nothing of it at all.

If my life literally depended on one iota of GoT information to keep from being dispatched: "Well, Bye..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43860 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I watched one episode on a DVD rental. We were thoroughly underwhelmed.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
The books are excellent, albeit long.

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
When people start talking about it I cut them off with a nice "I don't give a fuck".

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to be the guy that gets the paycheck for writing the series. I suspect it's worth a bit.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Stopped after the Red Wedding. Kept thinking I was missing something, sounds like I was wrong.
Too bad: incredible production values, acting, writing, in the furtherance of dreck.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys may not want to know that people are naming their babies after GoT characters.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I think it's a great story told pretty decently but I do not get wrapped up into it with a "can't wait to talk about or read more about it" sheep set..

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14033 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
You guys may not want to know that people are naming their babies after GoT characters.

I think Giantsbane is a great child's name.

Grey Worm, not so much.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31422 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post